No. of Recommendations: 135
Dh has been at his mobilization base for the past monthish, getting ready to leave and calling me every night.

That has stopped. He is now on a plane, on his way to Iraq. Last phone call from the States at 6:27pm, approximately, which went to voicemail because I didn't hear it ring in the crowded resturaunt my friends were keeping me company at. At least we got to talk earlier in the day.

Dh will now call when he can, and email when he can, and miss the birth of his daughter. He will be gone at least 18 months.

Send karma waves/good vibes/prayers his way. We've got about 18 months of protection to will him.

impolite
not a good day
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.