Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
DH & I are both in pretty good health, but being over 65, decided to start having groceries delivered via InstaCart*. Tried it this week for the first time, and it went well.

I emailed our robust 80-something neighbor offering to help her with ordering grocery delivery, given her grown children live 100's of miles away. She could try it herself while I'm on the phone with her to walk her through it, or she could email me her grocery list and I'd order for her. She declined, having just been to the supermarket herself (with face mask). Said she's good for now.

And then I realized: her kids can help her just as easily as I could! If help is online, doesn't matter if the helper is next door or miles away. I might suggest it. Of course, kids might have already offered, and neighbor declined, and they're tearing their hair out about their mom taking unnecessary risks, but that's all between them. Either way, I'm off the hook. :)

(* I tip 20%. Default is 5%. No wonder they went on strike - that won't even cover gas!)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.