Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
Hey 12K, May want to ask your 401K provider if your employer will allow you to open a “self-directed” or “Personal Choice Retirement Account (PCRA)” as Charles Schwab calls it, WITHIN your 401K that allows you to purchase individual stocks rather than having to settle for mutual funds. Many times, employers are not even aware of this as an option that exists within their plan. This may also up your interest in pursuing employer matching funds that can also go into individual stocks.
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.