Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
My apologies first for wandering off into an area not that relevant to this Board, but I thought perhaps you folks might know an answer or be able to point me in the right direction. Here goes:

In Texas, a Home Owners' Association (HOA) can apply to be a non-profit and get exempted from sales taxes. In order to do so, the state requires that you provide the following:

1) Number of lots/units in the plat map for the development

2) "Number of residential lots/units owned by individual owner"

3) "Number of residential lots/units owned by the declarant, developers, builders, banks, investors, or similar parties"

#1 can be answered pretty easily, but are there any kinds of tax records or anything in the public domain which'd answer #3? (We know the declarant, developers, & builders don't own any properties but have no idea how many "banks, investors, or similar parties" might own homes.)

Thank you and, again, my apologies for straying off the purpose of the board.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.