Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 13
Hello KPers:

I'm proud of all of you. I just finished 60-odd posts since I left on my trip, and the majority were well-thought out and lived up to the spirit of KP. Thanks to omahafool for keeping an eye on things and for stirring the pot a bit.

I'll need to go back and read through a few of the previous posts, but just to let everybody know I may be getting carpal tunnel syndrome from clicking on the Recommend It! link too often ;^)

We're still stuck in that Nasdog downtrend, firner than ever or so it seems. If things continue like this we'll soon be going below the low of October 1998 in the Naz, 1400 or so.

I caught the guy who heads the Prudent Bear fund predict that we'll hit 500 in the Nasdaq within the next year. Watch out for those predictions, just like people were predicting Nasdaq 6000 last year.

I didn't get to read as much as I wanted during my trip, but I made some inroads into Sperandeo's Trader Vic book. So far I highly recommend it. As soon as I finish I'll see about writing my book report.

Since this is an OT post, I'll tell you guys that I found a lovely house in Birmingham. It is in a wonderful neighborhood, close to everything (Vestavia Hills). The house is surrounded by trees, has a fenced yard and all around us the azaleas are blooming.

It really is a Seller's market in Birmingham right now, so we were lucky to find such a nice house for that price. Having a great real estate agent was key.

I got some pictures developed, you may want to check out this one featuring omahafool (he's being outed) and myself wearing our respective alma mater sweatshirts.

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/xerohype

Under the folder Friends.

I'll be catching up with posts well into this weekend, but I wanted to thank all KPers for hanging in there and for adding to our group. It is quality in posts that we seek, not quantity. But let me say that we are all friends here and that questions are always welcome.

Don't be strangers,

Erick

P.S. I also uploaded a picture of the front of my new house. Caution, both pictures are fairly large files (550 K and 750 K) so you'll be waiting a few minutes in a dial-up connection to see them.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.