Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 7
About 1 month ago mom got diagnosed with Parkinson's. Today had her admitted to Hospice . Dad and I hope this will stabilize her condition and get her home again. But realistically I not how much longer she will be alive. I told her I love her that she been there for me when I graduated school, when I was in the hospital with bipolar disorder, when I was choking on chicken.

Peace.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I'm very sorry. When there's a long, long period of letting go, it takes its toll on everyone involved.

Nancy
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm sorry.

Ishtar
(don't know what else to say)
No. of Recommendations: 0
{{{mtr and parents}}}
No. of Recommendations: 15
I'm sorry to hear what you're going through, it's very difficult.

I don't know how to say this gently, but it needs to be said. Hospice care is generally focused only on comfort/pain management, and not recovery. Even to the point they will grant pain meds far beyond what would normally be considered a healthy/safe dose. It is considered end of life care. It is not a rehab facility where the goal is to recover and go home.

Again, I'm sorry, and I only point this out because when a friend's mother went into hospice, my friend was shocked when she came to the realization of what exactly that meant.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hospice care is generally focused only on comfort/pain management, and not recovery. Even to the point they will grant pain meds far beyond what would normally be considered a healthy/safe dose. It is considered end of life care. It is not a rehab facility where the goal is to recover and go home.

Apparently.

Whoriskey has been doing some articles about this very thing in the Washington Post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/storyline/wp/2014/08/21/a...
No. of Recommendations: 3
That Washington Post article is absolutely horrifying.

Whoriskey has been doing some articles about this very thing in the Washington Post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/storyline/wp/2014/08/21/a......