Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 30
This post is my 10,000th post as a TMF. I've thought long and hard about something deep and meaningful to mark this post, only to have changed my mind on 9/11. After the attack on America, I had decided that my 10k post would reflect my thoughts. I was going to start with a link here:
http://www.geocities.com/tmfgatherings/dedication.html?1001312441050
which has a beautiful picture compiled by one of our Fool community members. While I'd still like to extend my thoughts to all that are feeling the effects of that day, my 10k post direction has changed again.

As many of you have heard, The Motley Fool is laying off a number of staff members: http://www.fool.com/press/2001/letter010928.htm
I am saddened to say that I am among those that will be leaving. I am still posting under my TMF name for now, and will continue to do so through the next couple of months.

I wanted to take the time to tell all of the Fools here on this board, and throughout Fooldom, thank you for allowing me the opportunity to help you out. You have made it a pleasure to begin work each day. Even during tense times, like problems with the portfolios or quotes, I have always found a kind word thanking us for being here. Your never-ending suggestions have made me look at myself and know that there is always room to improve and grow. I thank you.

To all of the TMF employees, past and present, I wish you the best in life. I don't know how I'll ever find another group of co-workers that are as awesome as all of you. To the techies …… what can I say? You ROCK! You've always put up with my never-ending, and sometimes-unreasonable, requests both day and night.

I'll still be here as a staff-member for the short-term, but I will always be here as a Fool.

Not saying goodbye,
TMF Dawn
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.