No. of Recommendations: 1
Happy New Year, to anyone who still reads this.

NYC trip...gonna go to a function on West 26th or 27th in a few months. By any chance, anyone have a recommendation of a moderate priced hotel? I'm a Marriott/Holiday Inn type, but don't mind staying in a non-brand name place as long as it looks safe.

Is the subway doable, or might I be wishing to heck that I took a taxi?

New Orleans...Never been there, but was reading about a French Quarter Festival held in April. Sounded good...music and food, and not as crazy as mardi gras. Anyone been, or have a recommendation of a place to stay in the French quarter?? or not to stay??
I have no desire to go to mari gras, looks too crazy and expensive. I might even chicken out on this one, and just take in the music festival in Old Sacramento in May instead.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
There's a Doubletree at 128 West 29th St. Nothing fancy, but decent and affordable. The subway system is totally do-able. But if you are within a 20-minute walk of your destination, walking is the way to do it.
No suggestions for NYC hotels, I'm a 90 minute Metro North ride to Grand Central, so I always day trip it. Subways during the day and evenings have always been a good form of transit. Walking is my preferred means of getting around.

Regarding NOLA, if you mean Jazz Fest (last weekend in April, first in May), I consider it a must do for any music fans. Hotels book very early. I stayed on St Charles Ave. There are a number of decent hotels and getting transport to the festival grounds was easy.

Sorry for no specifics, but good luck and enjoy.

Wayne
http://fqfi.org/frenchquarter/fests/faqs/

The above link is what I was looking at. It's a week end event, and the music is free.

TY very much for the responses.