No. of Recommendations: 3
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=2&u=/ap/20040516/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_prison_abuse_rumsfeld

The program got approval from President Bush (news - web sites)'s national security adviser, Condoleezza Rice (news - web sites), and Bush was informed of its existence the officials told New Yorker reporter Seymour Hersh.

But the enlisted men are being courtmartialed.

For my Republican friends, "at last, have you no shame sir?"

buzman

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 9
Come on now!

The title of the article is 'Pentagon Denies Rumsfield OK'd Prison Plan'.

Then it goes on to say "The Defense Department strongly denied the claims made in the report, which cited unnamed current and former intelligence officials and was published on the magazine's Web site".

After all that, your post is titled "Rumsfeld OKed Torture'.

You would believe unnamed sources and information published on a website without question? Anyone could have posted that information.

I would turn your question around: Have you no shame?
No. of Recommendations: 4
Since you can not read past the headline, I will copy it for you.

According to the story, which hits newsstands Monday, the initial operation Rumsfeld authorized gave blanket approval to kill or capture and interrogate "high value" targets in the war on terrorism. The program stemmed from frustrating efforts to capture high-level terrorists in the weeks after the start of U.S. bombings in Afghanistan.

The program got approval from President Bush (news - web sites)'s national security adviser, Condoleezza Rice (news - web sites), and Bush was informed of its existence, the officials told Hersh.

Under the program, Hersh wrote, commandos carried out instant interrogations — using force if necessary — at secret CIA (news - web

My outrage is that E3 & E4s are being brought up on charges. It appears they were following orders.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Is this about Rumsfield getting ready to retire? :)

If not some other board would be a more appropriate place to post articles and discussions like this.

Greg
No. of Recommendations: 0
I would agree with you, except that the Subject was marked 'OT', ie, Off Topic.