Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 15
http://www.tompaine.com/feature2.cfm/ID/7805

"Do you remember the famous haircut on Air Force One? Clinton supposedly had his hair cut while planes were diverted around Los Angeles International Airport. It didn't happen, but Clinton was condemned on right-wing talk shows throughout America for this alleged waste of funds.

Imagine if Bill Clinton had slowed down an aircraft carrier and had landed on the deck in a jet for photo ops for his campaign. Oh, my goodness! The folks at Fox would be in cardiac arrest. Rush would froth at the mouth.

And suppose the White House of Bill Clinton had lied to the media by explaining that Clinton had to fly by jet because the ship was too far out to sea for a helicopter, and then admitted that the story wasn't true when reporters could see San Diego from the deck. "

The liberal media missed that one, huh?

buzman

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 9
And suppose the White House of Bill Clinton had lied to the media by explaining that Clinton had to fly by jet because the ship was too far out to sea for a helicopter, and then admitted that the story wasn't true when reporters could see San Diego from the deck. "

The liberal media missed that one, huh?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
That story was all over Fox News.As a matter of fact it was on so often i told my wife that it reminded me of the Lacy Peterson case.Please get your liberal agenda straight and try to tell the truth.I think the dems are just pissed that Bush looked so good beating them at their own game.It's really a non story.You think the money they spent to get him out there makes one bit of difference in our economy.Please if you're going to pick a fight make sure it actually is a big deal.

No. of Recommendations: 4
That story was all over Fox News...It's really a non story.

That about sums up Fox News.
No. of Recommendations: 8
"Please if you're going to pick a fight make sure it actually is a big deal."

Yeah! It should be something really important like whether the president gets a BJ in the White House. Now that's important! God forbid that he does something that makes him relaxed and feels good.
- Art
No. of Recommendations: 1
Yeah! It should be something really important like whether the president gets a BJ in the White House. Now that's important! God forbid that he does something that makes him relaxed and feels good.
- Art
I knew that was coming.If only i could predict stock movements like i could replies on a message board,i'd be rich.Does it matter at all to you that the person giving him oral sex was not his wife?Does it matter at all that it was an intern?Does it matter that he completely denied it by saying,"i did not have sexual relations with that woman"?Does it matter at all to you that he was stupid enough to get caught?Does it matter at all that she wasn't even hot?To me it really doesn't matter as long as he did a good job in office,which i think he didn't personally.

<<Yeah! It should be something really important like whether the president gets a BJ in the White House. Now that's important! God forbid that he does something that makes him relaxed and feels good.
- Art
I knew that was coming.If only i could predict stock movements like i could replies on a message board,i'd be rich.Does it matter at all to you that the person giving him oral sex was not his wife?Does it matter at all that it was an intern?Does it matter that he completely denied it by saying,"i did not have sexual relations with that woman"?Does it matter at all to you that he was stupid enough to get caught?Does it matter at all that she wasn't even hot?To me it really doesn't matter as long as he did a good job in office,which i think he didn't personally.

>>

Heh, heh! Too bad the Monica affair isn't being played out now. I'm sure finger pointers in the White House would be saying --"Hey, John F Kennedy did it first!"

Seattle Pioneer
No. of Recommendations: 0
I knew that was coming.If only i could predict stock movements like i could replies on a message board,i'd be rich

LOL, that's funny.
No. of Recommendations: 5
Does it matter at all to you that the person giving him oral sex was not his wife?Does it matter at all that it was an intern

Screwing an intern is not nearly as bad as screwing the country.

buzman-gone to the beach
Does it matter at all that she wasn't even hot?

What the....?! What's this got to do with the price of bananas?
If you're gonna do the crime at least make it worthwhile,how embarrasing for him.JFK had the right idea.

No. of Recommendations: 2
In Clintons defense though.You put any woman next to Hillary and her grumpy, uptight,just took a shot of some bad tequila face,and even Monica starts looking like Marilyn Monroe.

"What's this got to do with the price of bananas?"

Clever choice of fruit, there CC.

-drip
No. of Recommendations: 3

I think this was Bill's main mistake. If she didn't look like something that just walked out of a trailer, he never would have gotten so much grief over it.

I think this was Bill's main mistake. If she didn't look like something that just walked out of a trailer, he never would have gotten so much grief over it.

Hmmm...MedicalDiagnoses, care to take a stab at the psychology behind this?

No. of Recommendations: 13
"I knew that was coming.If only i could predict stock movements like i could replies on a message board,i'd be rich.Does it matter at all to you that the person giving him oral sex was not his wife?Does it matter at all that it was an intern?Does it matter that he completely denied it by saying,"i did not have sexual relations with that woman"?Does it matter at all to you that he was stupid enough to get caught?Does it matter at all that she wasn't even hot?To me it really doesn't matter as long as he did a good job in office,which i think he didn't personally." - 2828

If Hillary had been at home tending to business Bill may not have needed a hummer from an intern. I've had numerous conversations with other men that I've worked with whose stock answer to the question of what to do if caught is "deny deny deny!" Technically oral sex is not intercourse. And, when Bill Clinton was in office my portfolio quadrupled in value. Nuff said! Since Bush has been in office my portfolio has done nothing but go down in value and he's managed to get us into a war. I've decided that Republican's are very scary people.
- Art
art writes:
If Hillary had been at home tending to business Bill may not have needed a hummer from an intern. I've had numerous conversations with other men that I've worked with whose stock answer to the question of what to do if caught is "deny deny deny!" Technically oral sex is not intercourse. And, when Bill Clinton was in office my portfolio quadrupled in value. Nuff said! Since Bush has been in office my portfolio has done nothing but go down in value and he's managed to get us into a war. I've decided that Republican's are very scary people.

The world is counting on people like art to get rid of these Turkeys who have managed to hijack the American government. Scary people indeed!
If Hillary had been at home tending to business Bill may not have needed a hummer from an intern.

Ehhhhh, I don't think that matters. If Hillary had been giving it to him morning, noon and night, he'd probably still be goin' after interns. It's the nature of the beast, right, Doc?
No. of Recommendations: 24
<<snip>>Nuff said! Since Bush has been in office my portfolio has done nothing but go down in value <<snip>>.

Alot of people on this board follow the market.I was always amazed that the downturn in the market was being blamed on Bush even before he took the oath of office to be sworn in as president.I heard one report on CNN talking about the BUSH economy & its problems in the latter part of 2000.
If you follow the market,you know that the beginning of the bear market started in March of 2000.Who was predident then?It was not BUSH.
The market continued to drop throughout the rest of 2000.Bush did not take the oath of office till 2001.Don't blame BUSH for the bear market.It was already going almost a year before he started in office.
It would not have mattered who was in office.The market cycles between the bull & the bear.We were overdue for the bull to leave.Lo & behold it did, 3/4 of a year before BUSH came on the scene.
"It would not have mattered who was in office.The market cycles between the bull & the bear.We were overdue for the bull to leave.Lo & behold it did, 3/4 of a year before BUSH came on the scene."

I've got to blame someone and Bush is a convienent scapegoat. If you've ever read the book "Shogun" by James Clavell you may remember the scene where the old peasant dude takes the blame for the smelly dead bird hanging on the porch. He was not the guilty party, but someone had to be blamed and accepted it. If memory serves me correctly he lost his head as a result. I understand that "Asian" mindset. Someone has to be blamed. I suppose it's a very difficult concept for westerner to understand. - Art
- Art

Clinton wasn't impeached because he got a hummer. He was impeached because he purjured himself in front of a grand jury. A simple "No Comment" would have avoided all of his problems.

tutone
No. of Recommendations: 10

Art, you're a smart guy.

Do you truly believe that Clinton or any other politician directly, or otherwise, caused your portfolio to quadruple in value? If so, why?

The late 90's was nothing more than a "false economy" full of accounting scandals, earnings that really didnt exist, demand that was distorted by ballooning personal debt, and an ill-advised build out of capacity that no one seems to have use for anymore.

It's kind of like the credit card bill was run up through the late 90's and now the bill is due and we're struggling to make the minimum payment.

And one final question, when your portfolio was at inflated, nosebleed valuations, was it your fault, or G.W. Bush's that you didnt sell?

Golfwaymore

No. of Recommendations: 6
"Clinton wasn't impeached because he got a hummer. He was impeached because he purjured himself in front of a grand jury. A simple "No Comment" would have avoided all of his problems." - tutone

I don't consider a BJ to be sex. It's not "sexual intercourse" which involves a penis in a vagina. In fact, I don't consider what homosexuals do to really be sex, since it doesn't involve a penis and a vagina. It might more technically be called, "mutual masturbation." Biologically speaking, technically speaking, it takes a male and female to have sex, kissing, petting, etc., is not "SEX" since there is no chance for procreation, which is how "SEX" evolved 500 million years ago. I agree with Bill Clinton's definition. He did not have sex with that woman. He fooled around with her, he had an affair with her, but as far as we know he never had sex with her. - Art
Art:He did not have sex with that woman. He fooled around with her, he had an affair with her, but as far as we know he never had sex with her. - Art

How do you define sexual relations? Weren't those his exact words?
I don't consider a BJ to be sex. It's not "sexual intercourse" which involves a penis in a vagina. In fact, I don't consider what homosexuals do to really be sex, since it doesn't involve a penis and a vagina. It might more technically be called, "mutual masturbation." Biologically speaking, technically speaking, it takes a male and female to have sex, kissing, petting, etc., is not "SEX" since there is no chance for procreation, which is how "SEX" evolved 500 million years ago. I agree with Bill Clinton's definition. He did not have sex with that woman. He fooled around with her, he had an affair with her, but as far as we know he never had sex with her. - Art

Art,

Is Ms. Riechart cool with you technically not having sex with other women? <grin>

Golfwaymore
Art, you're a smart guy.

No, I'm sorry, but I'm not. I'm average. I've taken several online I.Q. tests and my usual score is 106 which puts me solidly in the average range. I am stupidly honest though.

Do you truly believe that Clinton or any other politician directly, or otherwise, caused your portfolio to quadruple in value? If so, why?"

No, but I got to blame someone, and it's just so darn easy and convienent to blame Bush. When I voted Republican I was hoping that they would make the stock market shoot back to the skies, and it hasn't happened!

And one final question, when your portfolio was at inflated, nosebleed valuations, was it your fault, or G.W. Bush's that you didnt sell? - Golfwaymore

It was definitely my own greed that kept me in the market. I kept hoping that it was fixing to go back up. In March of 2000 I had visions of my portfolio being worth $400,000! Every little upward swing was a hope that it was over. Ouch! Oh well, Cest la vie!
- Art
How do you define sexual relations? Weren't those his exact words?

The biological definition of sex involves a penis in a vagina. If there is no chance of impregnation it's not sex. As far as I know it's not possible for a woman to get pregnant through her mouth! Sex evolved half a billion years ago to mix DNA for procreation. What Bill and Monica did was not technically sex. - Art
No. of Recommendations: 12
Art,

Is Ms. Riechart cool with you technically not having sex with other women? <grin>

Golfwaymore

My wife is not Hillary Clinton. She comes home after work and is here for me. Also, I am a goofy overweight middle aged frugal tightwad man without a job. No woman looks at me and says, "boy I'd like to get me some of that hunk o'man!" I've never evoked that response in a woman. But, just for arguments sake, lets say it did by some ungodly chance happen, what would I do? I'd be so scared of losing my free health insurance, veneral disease, and getting caught that I wouldn't do it. It's just not an option. I've been married now for thirty years. It's all downhill from here. I don't have that drive that Galeno has. I am not a "macho" man. - Art
No. of Recommendations: 11
I've been married now for thirty years. It's all downhill from here. I don't have that drive that Galeno has. I am not a "macho" man.

Art, you're so refreshingly honest, that alone is sexy. The Doc's macho posturing? Not sexy.
And, when Bill Clinton was in office my portfolio quadrupled in value. Nuff said!

Thanks to mis-statements of earnings and other accounting lies by some large companies. Sure, it sometimes feels good to get sloppy drunk, but the next day's hangover isn't the fault of the alarm clock that wakes you up.

Plus, if you're STILL convinced that the economy's lag time is zero between its direction and who is in office, that means you'll want a Republican House and Senate. Having both the House and the Senate under Republican control from the '94 election through 2000 was the cause of prosperity. When Jeffords (Senator from Vermont) got reelected as a Republican in '00, but then switched to Independent right away (because the Dems promised him chairmanship of the Senate's Environment and Public Works Committee), and he voted Democrat, that gave the Dems control of the Senate. Their agenda has prolonged the economic downturn that began in the last ten months of Clinton's presidency.
"Art, you're so refreshingly honest, that alone is sexy. The Doc's macho posturing? Not sexy.} - CC

Thank you! I can't even pretend on the internet to be macho. I don't enjoy those games that men play when they get together in groups. When men work together or get together in groups they spend a lot of time jockeying for position, trying to out-stud each other, or busting each other's bolas. What's funny is I have a gay friend who likes it. He enjoys groups of men and the dominance heirarchy thing. I guess it has something to do with be being pack leader and access to females, but I have never wanted to play that game. I find it tedious and boring. I'm content to be married to one woman and live a quiet reserved life. I don't smoke, I drink very little alcohol, and I certainly don't do drugs. Galeno would find me very boring. - Art
Clinton wasn't impeached because he got a hummer. He was impeached because he purjured himself in front of a grand jury. A simple "No Comment" would have avoided all of his problems.

Clinton's perjury charge came from his testimony in the Paula Jones deposition. In civil cases you don't have a particular right against self-incrimination.
Clinton's perjury charge came from his testimony in the Paula Jones deposition.

Can you refresh our memory as to what, exactly, he said that was perjurious?
No. of Recommendations: 6
----------------------------------------------------------------------
He told her she didn't have a big nose.

At one time, he said: "I did not have sex with that woman. [referring to Monica Lewinsky]" I'm not sure if it was under oath or not.

I never understood why people got so inflamed over it. People lie about sex all the time. It's not like he was selling weapons to terrorists in Iran like another recent President did.

Clinton was an outstanding politician. Politicians are supposed to lie and Clinton was fabulous at it. Plus, the economy was going gangbusters while he was in office, so he was A-OK as far as I'm concerned.

If everybody that lied about having sex lost their job, there wouldn't be many employed people left in this country.

Technically nothing because he wasn't convicted, right? But essentially it came down to question of his relationship with ML. Had they been alone together? Had they exchanged gifts? Had they had sex, etc.

Clinton said yes, yes, and no. Starr claimed yes but more than Clinton said, yes but more than Clinton said, and yes.
The OP said Clinton lied under oath in the Paula Jones case, not the Monica Lewinsky matter. I don't remember there being a charge of lying in the Paula Jones case and I asked the OP if he could remember anything perjurious about that action.
The OP said Clinton lied under oath in the Paula Jones case, not the Monica Lewinsky matter. I don't remember there being a charge of lying in the Paula Jones case and I asked the OP if he could remember anything perjurious about that action.

Clinton was asked about ML as part of the Paula Jones lawsuit.
"Clinton was an outstanding politician. Politicians are supposed to lie and Clinton was fabulous at it. Plus, the economy was going gangbusters while he was in office, so he was A-OK as far as I'm concerned.

If everybody that lied about having sex lost their job, there wouldn't be many employed people left in this country."

Technically he didn't lie. BJ's are not sex. Biologically speaking, in order for sex to occur the chance of pregnancy has to occur. I've never heard of a woman getting pregnant from oral sex. Sex means a penis in a vagina. - Art
Art,

One of the flags for a fudmentalist belief system is "...thinking it is the same as doing it..."
If everybody that lied about having sex lost their job, there wouldn't be many employed people left in this country.

Perhaps State and Federal perjury statutes should be rewritten to say, "Lying under oath is illegal, UNLESS it's a lie about sex, which is cool with us".

Yeah, diggit.

Golfwaymore
Perhaps State and Federal perjury statutes should be rewritten to say, "Lying under oath is illegal, UNLESS it's a lie about sex, which is cool with us".

Yeah, diggit.

Golfwaymore

But you would have to add the same exception for obstructing justice by encouraging others to lie under oath, file a false avadavat, etc.

Prometheuss
Catherine says,

Just going from memory...

Paula Jones [among others] was pressing a sexual harrasment charge against Clinton.

Clinton's defense was that such behavior, as a married man, was not consistent with his lifestyle.

To attempt to establish a pattern of behavior, the plaintiff grilled Clinton on alleged affairs, which Clinton denied.

Evidence eventually surfaced demonstrating that physical experiences with other women were indeed a pattern of Clinton's behavior.

Lying about an affair while under oath, to save your ass from the scorn of a completely different affair, is illegal, even if the lie is about sex, and even if you're the POTUS.

The Jones lawyers pressed a later charge that Clinton's lies while under oath suppressed Jones civil rights and the right to fair and due process. IIRC, it was settled out of court for $1 Million donated by an outside party.

Golfwaymore
Technically he didn't lie. BJ's are not sex. Biologically speaking, in order for sex to occur the chance of pregnancy has to occur. I've never heard of a woman getting pregnant from oral sex. Sex means a penis in a vagina. - Art

No Art, I think it wasnt a lie because he had his fingers crossed.

How rediculous is it for a man as astoundingly intelligent as Clinton to take refuge in the stepping, ducking, and dodging of word parsing while even the crack whores in the alleys of Harlem understood what the real question was.

(Replies to mother aloud)...No mom, I'm not IN the cookie jar...

(Muttering under breath)... Any fool knows I cant physically fit inside the cookie jar, but my hands do.

Definitely NOT a lie.

Golfwaymore
"(Muttering under breath)... Any fool knows I cant physically fit inside the cookie jar, but my hands do.

Definitely NOT a lie."

Golfwaymore

I'm sorry, but I got a hummer from a woman, and someone asked me if I had sex with her I'd have to truthfully say "no." To me "sex" means intercourse. No intercourse, no sex. I don't even consider what two gay males do together to technically be sex, it's more like mutual masturbation. - Art
I'm sorry, but I got a hummer from a woman" - Art

If, if, if, if, if. . . I got a . . . Whoops! Blushing! - Art
Ehhhhh, I don't think that matters. If Hillary had been giving it to him morning, noon and night, he'd probably still be goin' after interns. It's the nature of the beast, right, Doc?

There's evidence to support the notion.

But in this case, there's also the detail that the intern in question was apparently a sexual predator.
I never understood why people got so inflamed over it.

Because it was a convenient way to make a national scene without actually commenting on anything of substance.
I'm sorry, but I got a hummer from a woman, and someone asked me if I had sex with her I'd have to truthfully say "no." To me "sex" means intercourse. No intercourse, no sex. I don't even consider what two gay males do together to technically be sex, it's more like mutual masturbation. - Art
---------------------------------------------------------------------

He said ,"I did not have sexual relations with that woman".Art,would you say a hummer is not even sexual relations?How about shoving a cigar up a 19 year olds cooch?Remember not "sex" but "sexual relations".To me that is pretty sexual,whether or not he dipped his wick.Also about the Paula jones thing.Didn't he invite her to his room and drop his pants.She was able to pick his shlong out of a lineup or something to that effect.Now i don't know if what she said was true,but i don't want my governor or president to be a pervert flasher if thats the case.That is much more disturbing than having "sexual relations" with someone who wants to.

If you follow the market,you know that the beginning of the bear market started in March of 2000.Who was predident then?It was not BUSH.

You are, of course, right. The economic downturn and the stock market swoon started before Bush took office. However, we are more than halfway into his presidency and I have yet to see him do anything to fix it other than pray and bust any semblance we had of a balanced budget.

Beast.
You are, of course, right. The economic downturn and the stock market swoon started before Bush took office. However, we are more than halfway into his presidency and I have yet to see him do anything to fix it other than pray and bust any semblance we had of a balanced budget.

I think he is doing the best he can do.He's trying to cut spending and at the same time lower taxes for people who pay taxes.I think the bubble was way to out of control to be washed away in 2 years,but i could be wrong.All that corporate funny business sure didn't help either.Most investors are scared to death to invest in the next Enron,Worldcom,etc.It's going to take a while to get confidence back but the USA will be back!

I think he is doing the best he can do.He's trying to cut spending and at the same time lower taxes for people who pay taxes.I think the bubble was way to out of control to be washed away in 2 years,but i could be wrong.All that corporate funny business sure didn't help either.Most investors are scared to death to invest in the next Enron,Worldcom,etc.It's going to take a while to get confidence back but the USA will be back!

I'm glad Bush won, and Gore lost, but I'd love to see the examples where Bush is trying to cut spending.

I think were Gore in office, things would be even worse than they are.

I'll go one further, based on some of the fundemental cancers that currently exist in our economy, I think the economy would be sputtering right now even if God had been elected in 2000. <grin>

Golfwaymore

I'm glad Bush won, and Gore lost, but I'd love to see the examples where Bush is trying to cut spending.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I should have phrased that different.I think he's trying to stop congress from raising spending too much.By the way,which party would God run under or would he be Independent.

By the way,which party would God run under or would he be Independent.

Is your god a compassionate kind of god or a "smiting and getting it on with your sister-in-law" kind of god?

Hyperborea
He's trying to cut spending and at the same time lower taxes for people who pay taxes.

Bush is probably the most fiscally liberal president since WWII, certainly since the Vietnam era. He has proposed--and gotten--huge accross the board spending increases for every sector of the Federal government, doubling, triping, and sometimes 10-fold increases above the rate of inflation.

Note that this doesn't even include funding his campaign promises of prescription coverage for Medicare or privatizing Social Security, which somehow don't seem likely now that he has shoved bucketloads of new money at every possible special interest group.

It's the perfect political platform. He's *for* everything that requires money, and he delivers too. All to be paid for sometime in the future by borrowing right now. No pain, no muss.

I should have phrased that different.I think he's trying to stop congress from raising spending too much.

He's trying to stop Congress from raising spending too much by sending them enormous budget increases to vote on?? Just thinking about that makes my poor brain hurt.

Bush is a smart politician from an old political family. He knows that everyone wants government services but no one wants to pay for it. He's increased services and cut taxes more than any president I can think of.