Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
[Walls Work! Which is why governments (North Korea, East Germany, US southern border * etc.) use them.]

SANTO DOMINGO (Reuters) - The Dominican Republic will begin constructing a fence along its 376-kilometer (234 mi) border with Haiti later this year to curb unauthorized migration and illicit trade, President Luis Abinader said on Saturday.

Israel tops the list of countries that have built the most walls, with a total of 6. It is followed by Morocco, Iran and India with 3 walls each. Countries with 2 border walls are South Africa, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Jordan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Hungary and Lithuania.
https://www.tni.org/en/article/6-out-of-10-people-worldwide-...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 22
[Walls Work! Which is why governments (North Korea, East Germany, US southern border * etc.) use them.]

North Korea and the former East Germany were authoritarian dictatorships that used walls as tools of oppression to control their populations.

Personally, I don't think North Korea and East Germany are examples of countries we should strive to emulate. But that's just me.
No. of Recommendations: 5

North Korea and the former East Germany were authoritarian dictatorships that used walls as tools of oppression to control their populations.

Personally, I don't think North Korea and East Germany are examples of countries we should strive to emulate. But that's just me.

North Korea and East Germany use(d) walls to keep people in if they don't have permission to leave. You know, kind of like we do with prisons.

The US, Israel, the Vatican, etc. use walls to keep people out if they don't have permission to enter. Much like, oh, your house.
No. of Recommendations: 5
Walls are a Capitol idea! 😇

The Captain
No. of Recommendations: 1

Walls, barbed wire fences and castles worked best when there are armed guards standing behind them?

I laughed and cried when a certain former POTUS wanted to send troops to our southern border in winter time. The idea died a rather quick death so must assume one of his generals pointed out the reality of the situation? Lets see, ~8900 Km, very little in the way of housing ... how many soldiers can you spare to freeze their butts off?

Tim

https://www.wsj.com/articles/canada-objects-to-u-s-plan-to-p...

WORLD

U.S. Drops Proposal to Put Troops at Canadian Border
No. of Recommendations: 0

Walls, like guns and automobiles, are just objects which can be used or misused.

North Korea and East Germany are indeed authoritarian dictatorships which use/used their walls to keep their own people IN thereby proving the inferiority of their form of government.