No. of Recommendations: 36
A friend sent this to me. Not a bad idea. Forgive me if it has already been posted.

An Israeli friend recently informed me that the UK fought the Islamic terrorist attacks by burying the criminals with a pig. Apparently the Islamic belief is that if one's body is buried with a pig (because they are considered unclean), their soul will go to hell.

I did a little research into this subject matter and found it to be true. This got me thinking. If we put a baby pig on every airline flight then all suicide terrorists would abort their missions as they would not want their souls to go to hell.

Additionally, if we drop shipped, oh say, 100,000 pigs into Afghanistan, I think our recon and assault efforts may be more successful. Apparently Muslims dislike the very sight of pigs A LOT!

They are also adamantly opposed to alcohol, thus we spike their water supply with a few thousand gallons of cosmopolitans, get them s**t-faced and turn the pigs loose.

The war would be over in a weekend.

Just a thought.

wmhughes
adding humor since 1902
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 5
I love it!

In reality, I think it is key to understand who you're up against. Understanding their beliefs, dreams, wants, needs, etc. can be the difference between winning and losing.

Jimvy
No. of Recommendations: 8
It's interesting how this whole pig thing became a religious thing with the Semites. As you know, both Jews and Muslims are people from the desert. One pig consumes the same amount of water as does one human (read warrior).

Thus, pigs become "non-grata animals" in both camps because having pigs made your clan or tribe weak and invited attack.

Contrast the above with the situation of pigs in regions with lots of water. Pigs are consumed with glee and in many of these "water rich" societies, they are considered sacred animals.

Pigs have more to do with the lack or abundance of water than anything else.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Hey, intercst :

I seem to recall you posting some news articles (some time back) about a flying pig...maybe this is why the pig was being taken on the plane.

Just a thought. <grin>

omni
No. of Recommendations: 0
It's interesting how this whole pig thing became a religious thing with the Semites. As you know, both Jews and Muslims are people from the desert.

I've got a big smoker out back. If consuming pork were forbidden, I'd lose my religion about 3 times per week. <grin>

Golfwaymore,
Smokin pork ribs and loins since 1902
No. of Recommendations: 0
This is a good plan. Very cheap liquor should be used so they hope they die.
No. of Recommendations: 4
If we put a baby pig on every airline flight then all suicide terrorists would abort their missions as they would not want their souls to go to hell.

As humorous and simplistic as this sounds, it probably wouldn't work.

Remember that the terrorists did a lot that was against their religions.

They did not wear beards so that they would fit in. And it was widely reported that at least one of them was drinking alcohol out at a bar just before the hijackings.

IMHO, these people are not religious men--just fanatics.
No. of Recommendations: 3
One pig consumes the same amount of water as does one human (read warrior).

Oh, it's worse than that. Humans can eat pretty much anything that a pig can eat. There's direct competition for food.

Plus, pigs get trichinosis, which humans also get. (So do bears. And practically nothing else.) So they carry disease that bothers humans.

In the context in which those dietary rules were written, banning pigs makes a lot of sense in both economic and health terms.

In fact, most of the "kosher" laws, and their Islamic equivalents, make a lot of sense for either economic or health reasons, in the context in which they originated.

A couple more examples.

Draining the blood from animals you kill: thoroughly bloodless meat can sit out for a couple days before it starts going bad. Blood can sit out for a couple hours before it starts going bad.

Not eating shellfish & other "fish without scales": the coastal areas were relatively densely populated, and the sewage facilities were, well, primitive. Raw sewage flowed or was dumped into lakes & rivers. Bottom-dwelling creatures would consume it. If the humans were sick, the bottom-dwelling creatures would contain the bacteria to make more humans sick. Most of the easily-caught seafood that is "without scales" is bottom-dwelling; most of the bottom-dwelling sea creatures are in this category. Thus, it was an easy test that a person not knowledgeable in marine biology could apply to determine if a sea creature was safe to eat.
No. of Recommendations: 1
pork - The bible (old testament) was received (some say written) somewhere in the middle east (probably between Egypt and Israel). Are pigs indigenous to the region ?

fish - If it was to eliminate bottom dwellers, then why does the requirement for a fish to be kosher include scales and fins.