Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
You can tell a lot about a person through this. Who are the people that we admire the most? I gonna start this thread by those that I found inspiring....some I actually love...others I simply admire

Yshua Mesheach
Meshach (Daniel)
Malcom X (by any means necessary!)
John Brown
Thomas Jefferson
Ben Franklin
Thoreau
Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain
Martin Luther King
Ben Gurion
Golda Meir
Shindler
Patton
Lou Gehrig
Chuck Yeagar
Harry Truman
Lincoln
Paul of Taurus
Charles DeGaulle
Churchill

this is enuff of a list.....we all have many....this might give us all a window into each other...and how they came to be what we are now.....thanks.......tr

Print the post Back To Top
"Who are the people that we admire the most? "

My turn. Just a few off the top of my head. In no particular order.

Jefferson
Franklin
Madison
Washington
ahh heck, how about all the signers of the Declaration of Independence as well as those who wrote the Constitution?
Kirby Puckett (the baseball player, not necessarily the man). The last best example of someone who played the game for the pure joy of it.
Congressman Ron Paul
my father
Tiger Woods (the person as well as the golfer)
Arnold Palmer
Jack Nicklaus
Gary Player
Ben Hogan
Byron Nelson
Louis Armstrong
Duke Ellington
Beethoven
Mozart
Bach
Shostakovich
Eva Cassidy
Leonard Bernstein

and most of the names on rat's list, although I must confess to being ignorant of a few of those names.

That's enough for me. I'll probably think of a dozen others as soon as I post this.

Good idea for a thoughtful diversion, rat. :-)

ChiTrader
No. of Recommendations: 0
Louis Armstrong
Duke Ellington

Oh yeah....best of the best...throw in Billie H. too.....tr
Jesus Christ (Your ability to swing your fist stops where your neighbor's nose begins)

I, like others, realize that this country, was established upon a Judeau/Christian foundation.
And that we all have to realize that we have become a nation of Christians, Muslams,
Buddists, et al.
I do not have a problem with that, as the U.S. Constitution says, we have a freedom OF religion, NOT a Freedom FROM religion.

So, If you want to pray before a football game, a Catholic Prayer, or a Muslim Prayer, or a Buddist Prayer, then GO for it.
(I will bow my head in prayer with you. You respect me, I respect you.)

My Mom and Dad (Your ability to swing your fist stops where your neighbor's nose begins)
< Sandbox 101> (SEE ABOVE!!!)

Einstein (E=MC Squared) Never understimate the power of the human mind.

Dixie Chicks - Loved their music - Hate their politics. - Hey!! , Free Country, Live and let live.
But, will NEVER, NEVER, EVER, play their stuff again.

Presidents, Ike, Truman (Yea, I know, he was a Democrat), John Kennedy (Yea, I know, he was a Democrat), Ron Reagan (Nuff Said),
G.'W' Bush (More than enough said)

Ford, (There has to be a better way to make this car.)

Francis Ford Coppola (Loved that WWII B-17 Bomber, Jimmy Stewart goes to Wash, stuff.)

Walt Disney, appealing to our 'Higher Angels', (Nuff Said)

General McArthur, a terror in war and Mr. Magnamious in peace.
< Can you say Japan?>

All the CIVICS/AMERICAN HISTORY Teachers I ever had. (Circa 1955/1965)

Ben Franklin (Inventor, Politician, Ambassador, Thinker, Doer)

George Washington, et al. (Old dead white guys, Slave Owners, Terrorists vis a vis England, but had a vision,
"That there has to be a better way for the family of man to get along with each other than what is currently going on."

T. A. Edison - (Inventor-Inventor-Inventor-Inventor-Inventor)

The guys that invented the 'Transistor' which indirectly led to the 'Walk on the Moon'.
Who Knew !!

The guys that invented the desk top PC and the Internet.

Mother Terisa, who unfortunately died the same time as Princess DI.

Oh, by the way, I will know that America is on the right track when I can drive up to Wal-Mart,
leave my keys in the car with my windows rolled down and never think twice whether my car will be there when I return.
CRAZY? No it happend all the time in the '50's - '60's in America.

Oh, and I want to thank all the Anti-War Protesters (Americas version of the Taliban) for laying in the streets of San Francisco defending my right to speak out without fear of retribution.

Omronnie
we have a freedom OF religion, NOT a Freedom FROM religion.

ain't that the truth, especially in the bible belt.

Oh, and I want to thank all the Anti-War Protesters (Americas version of the Taliban)

hoo boy! i thought *I* had a talent for hyperbole!

No. of Recommendations: 0

omronnie wrote:

Oh, and I want to thank all the Anti-War Protesters (America's version of the Taliban)

By the way, i think you meant "war protesters". I believe you are what would be more correctly known as an "Anti-War" Protester. I'd never drive through San Francisco voluntarily again in any case much less pay the $5 toll to driver over the Golden Gate bridge.
Oh yeah....best of the best...throw in Billie H. too.....tr

Darn! That reminds me that I forgot Ella Fitzgerald, too! Slightly ahead of Billie Holiday and second only to Eva C.

CT