No. of Recommendations: 55

Some time ago, and maybe you will remember, I posted here regarding cracks & serials....Briefly, I wanted to be released from guilt finding patches, cracks & serials off the internet for slot machines and to keep my Mother out of the Clubs. Buying them was unafordable for me and took the easy BUT wrong route.

The reception I received from this board was negative and really could understand why and thanks to you, really got me thinking (for a change). What really stung me back to reality was an e-mail I received from one of you guys, offering to keep me on the straight an narrow by actually purchasing a fully legal copy for me. I never did write back to either decline nor thank you. To YOU, I publicly thank you now.

Programmes do spend many hours creating software for our enjoyment and thieving them is soooooooo wrong. I'm not going all angelic here because an angel I will never be. I've just learnt something very important.

Anyway, I did load a few slots (4) onto my Mothers machine and I did use patches etc. My conscience was unbearable but at least my Mother was enjoying her used PC with her new toys and most importantly, she has been keeping away from clubs & gambling.

That was a couple of months ago and couldn't stand it any longer. Your words here on this board kept ringing in my ears so, I sat down with my Mother and explained to her (she is PC illiterate) how wrong this is and wish to remove the programs from her PC and BUY them legally.
Her response was fantasic and understood.
The best part was, because she hadn't wasted money on the real thing, she asked how much to buy because she now has some real money stashed away.

I immediately hit the search engines and found some great slots with great graphics (large images needed for Mums poor eyesight) and would run on her P 200 and all her specs. - $99.95 for a package of 8 slots and bookmarked it.
Then I thought I would try ebay - VOILA!!! - what a lucky break. The same thing being auctioned for $60. I won the item, paid the next day and here it is 3 days later, I am PROUD to inform you all - She now has 8 fully functional LEGAL slots installed on her PC.

You guys really did teach me a very important lesson and needed to share this follow up story with you.

It is such a joy to see my mother enjoying herself, legally, and it's a great feeling knowing they weren't stolen.

A huge part of this successful exercise is, my mother can now afford to go shopping and buy things for herself. That is a total BUZZ for me.

Thank you & HAVE A GREAT DAY!

KEZ
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.