Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I was just wondering the other day if anyone had seen information on how well the Breathe Right Brand extensions were doing? Not the strips (or the vapor shot) but that saline spray or is it Snoring Relief spray? I don't recall coming across that type of information recently.

Thanks

yofluke
Print the post Back To Top
Hi yofluke,

I haven't seen any news or information on how the other lines that you
mention are doing. I did purchase the saline spray the other day to
help clear my allergy-infested nose, but unfortunately, it didn't work
very well.

While doing a quick check to see if there was any info, I noticed that
they have (had?) Breathe Right air filters:

http://www.breatheright.com/prod_info/air_filter.asp

I had no clue that they had this product. Technically, they licensed the
name to American Air Filters International back in late 2001. When
I searched the AAFI website today, I couldn't find anything on Breathe
Right.

Guess that little venture didn't work out too well.

Regards,

Tom
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi Tom -

Saline spray has to be used regularly (I recommend morning and night) over an extended time to have any benefit.

What you are doing with a saline spray, is washing out the allergines. Once they are gone, it takes some time for your body to return to its base state.

I went through the regime of allergy shots. I still use to have some problems, but with the addition of a saline regime, I am pretty much clean and don't have to use meds except at the worse times of the year.

Yours,

Jordan
Dr. Jordan,

...Saline spray has to be used regularly (I recommend morning and night) over an extended time to have any benefit.

What you are doing with a saline spray, is washing out the allergines. Once they are gone, it takes some time for your body to return to its base state...

I accidently found saline spray help counteract my allergy to pool chlorine. However, I need to use it 5 to 6 times a day on days I swim. Do you think this may be a problem?

TB
Hi TB -

Not at all. It is just plain ole saline. Shouldn't cause you any problems. I use saline during allergy season at least five times a day (in the morning, at lunch, before and after workout, and at bed).

Yours,

Jordan
...Not at all. It is just plain ole saline. Shouldn't cause you any problems. I use saline during allergy season at least five times a day (in the morning, at lunch, before and after workout, and at bed)...

Thanks,

Is there anything special about CNSX's saline vs. generic?

OT. Since vitamin E is so great I wounder if it would help allergy suffers via a nasal spray? I've been thinking of experimenting with this idea for some time but haven't figured out how or more importantly if such a procedure may be harmful.

TB
No. of Recommendations: 2
Hi TB -

Is there anything special about CNSX's saline vs. generic?

Nope. Nothing special. It is just a saline solution (Ringer's Lactate for those of us who use to watch "Emergency" back in the 70s). In fact, I don't use CNSX's saline. I use the Rite-Aid generic mix. Though I have used the CNSX mix and the bottle did dispense better than Rite-Aid.

I even know folks that mix their own saline. I prefer to get it pre-mixed and in a nice, neat bottle!

OT. Since vitamin E is so great I wounder if it would help allergy suffers via a nasal spray? I've been thinking of experimenting with this idea for some time but haven't figured out how or more importantly if such a procedure may be harmful.

Uck! I can't imagine sending oily, gunky vitamin E up my nose in a spray! I don't know what it would do for you. In fact, I could see it irritating the nose and causing you more problems. I think that just keeping the nasal passages clean (helping out the cilia) is going to help you!

Yours,

Jordan
...Uck! I can't imagine sending oily, gunky vitamin E up my nose in a spray! I don't know what it would do for you...

Dr. Jordan et al,

I like to experiment, the amateur scientest in me makes me do these kind of things. Any how, my thinking is that a fine mist of Vitamin E would set a barrier to the pool's chlorine. Haven't found such a product yet (PAM to the rescue?). Even if I did I would ask my doctor first. Due for my annual physical in October so I'll ask then.

TB
"Any how, my thinking is that a fine mist of Vitamin E...."

Hi TB,

Well if it works would you be the first person to have eBreath??? (Kinda lame but couldn't resist)

Thanks for all your posts, Ken

Hi TB -

Ok, I understand the amateur scientist. I have one in me too. I almost lost various body parts on various occasions because of this drive, which has left me wanting to be more conservative in my old age.

Yours,

Jordan