Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Where are some other good web sites where travelers share various types of travel information?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
No. of Recommendations: 5
tripadvisor.com

But read ALL the reviews posted about any one hotel, etc. and consider who posted each one and WHY.

Christina
But read ALL the reviews posted about any one hotel, etc. and consider who posted each one and WHY.

What do you mean about the WHY? Curious as I always read trip advisor and tend to trust it, not always.

Liz
No. of Recommendations: 2
What do you mean about the WHY?

Sometimes there'll be a nasty review -- everything was terrible -- but then you discover that it was posted by a couple looking for a "romantic hideaway" and the hotel was in the middle of a business district or something similar.

Also, I once read a review for a B&B I was thinking about going to. All the reviews were glowing except for one which indicated that the place was the pits. I actually e-mailed the B&B and mentioned that review. I learned that it was posted by a former employee who had been fired. (Now, it is possible that the B&B owner was lying but, after going there and saying how great it was, I think she was telling me the truth.)

I guess I should have said that, like with most things, consider the source. And, on the internet, that's not always possible!

Christina
I learned that it was posted by a former employee who had been fired. (Now, it is possible that the B&B owner was lying but, after going there and saying how great it was, I think she was telling me the truth.)

Thank you for your thoughts. I often wonder about some of the reviews, more so the ones that are boasting that a hotel is so very perfect. I test various sites that I know I have experienced both for quality and prices.

I can imagine that a disgruntled ex-employee might resort to that kind of low blow.

Cheers,
Liz

No. of Recommendations: 1
I think tripadvisor is a good reference.

Quite often when there is a bad review of a hotel or resort, someone from that property will post a response that is usually helpful. You can often tell if the poster has an axe to grind.

Quite often when there is a bad review of a hotel or resort, someone from that property will post a response that is usually helpful.

Yes, I was looking at a hotel recently and every negative post had an apology and statements of how the problem would be addressed by the hotel.

It seems that the site is important for the hotel image.