Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Other than that, anyone can give you the oath. Heck, if you are at Ft. Riley, KS let me know and I would love to do it.

Thanks for the offer, and to you as well fcarlson.

I had decided that I wanted to have the ceremony here in Evansville, IN, where I work, in the town I live in, with my peers watching. I had made arrangements with Bosse Field (The ball park where they filmed "A League of Their Own"- that movie with Madonna) to reenlist during a game at home plate. I saw it as prime opportunity to promote the Army in general, besides the locals don't really know we have AD soldiers here.

The game would have been on Sunday, June 2 at 1800, and I had an officer in my back pocket for just in case. The first excuse I was given, by Top, was that "The COL has clinics then." (At six o'clock at night on a Sunday!) Then it was "I'm going TDY, I don't think it's a good time." A few days later it was "SSG Retentionnco needs to be present to make sure all the i's are dotted and t's crossed. Besides, he's done a lot to accommodate you and doesn't perform duties on the weekends."

I'm sorry, I thought it was his duty was to get me a school date! Other than that all I've asked for was answers. Evidently he is a man that does not feel the need to communicate.

I have been leaving messages for the past week with both Top and the Retention NCO to get in touch with me. I found out yesterday at about 1030, that I had been scheduled to reenlist on Wednesday(!!!) at 0900. (I would have had to leave at 0630 to get to Ft. Campbell on time. Not a problem, IF I KNOW!) They told me (at 1030) that SSG Retenionnco called to reschedule to have me reenlist at 1300 that day. But again had to cancel due to severe food poisoning. Ha! I am now scheduled to reenlist at 1100 tomorrow. Oh bother!

Evidently I don't have a voice, that's too bad.

I don't want a picture, I don't want anything! I just want to sign, repeat and leave. Do I even need to say the oath?

R
That's what you get for messin' with a Food Inspector-Severe Food Poisoning!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.