Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
I am wearing a smart watch my oldest abandoned, and this is what I've learned:

1) I spend a lot of time at my desk not moving, which means The Watch Will Buzz to remind me to move.

2) I'm really *not* getting enough or good quality sleep. Which is what I suspected, but damn.

3) My heart rate varies wildly, and in seemingly unrelated-to-activity ways. Interesting.

In other news:

A) Basketball is wrapping up for the youngest, but baseball is starting up.

B) Oldest's baseball workouts started in January, before and/or after school most days.

C) Her Bootiness is a force to be reckoned with. This is good (in that she takes no chit) but also bad (in that we all must live with it).

Current Things I am Grateful For:

~ Being able to borrow an extra vehicle from my parents.

Within a 12 hour period we got down 3 vehicles (with one already being out of commission) last week. Q's car blew an engine, someone ran through our yard and hit the work truck bad enough it totaled their vehicle, and when we kicked up our other truck to pull the bumper of the now stuck-in-the-mud work truck away from the tire then the truck itself out of the mud, we realized the water pump in our truck is going out. The farm truck is already parked needing some sort of brake thingy. It was not a fun day. BUT I am driving my dad's car and Q is in mine (to get to and from the aforementioned workouts and school) and there is a rental while the work truck is fixed, so what could have been a disaster only turned out to be mildly annoying.

~ A flexible employer.

Nothing but awesomeness with the random time off, phone calls, etc. I've had to do during my father's illness.

impolite
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.