Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 3
Others have posted that the reverse mortgage can come due before his death if your father leaves his home to enter a retirement community.

You might want to consult an elder attorney. He will be most knowledgeable of how to protect your father's assets in this situation. Social workers at your nursing home can probably recommend one.

Another option might be for your father to rent out the house and move into lower cost housing (if he can find a good renter).
Print the post  


TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.