Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Ought to throw in that this week I dropped a little money into VGK (VANGUARD FTSE EUROPE ETF) Mutual Fund. I specifically didn't want to spend too much time trying to figure out the regulatory risk, but I decided I ddi want some more exposure to Europe. I think I am early on the Euro valuation, but I am willing to put more into it later if the Euro really tanks. I think the combination of the low Vanguard fees and re-investment of dividends will work out okay for me.

Have to say, one of the benefits of the brokerages tracking cost basis for our 1099s nowadays is that owning a mutual fund in a taxable account is not the same huge headache it once was. (Still have to pay along the way for other peoples' turnover, but reporting a sale doesn't drive one as crazy as it once did.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.