Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Our esteemed commish sez:
Craig thought that those on AOL might not be able to hook up with the others

I use IM all the time at work and at home and I can talk to both AOL'ers and Internet users alike at will. I use the internet version at work, and the AOL version at home and can talk to the same group of people either way. The software is free and can be downloaded at the following link.

http://www.aol.com/aim/home.html

I actually use @home now and my phone and internet are now different. So, I would certainly be able to take calls and IM's throughout the draft on both my home number and my cell number.

Commish also sez:
Will I be able to conduct the draft effectively?

I think that the draft would be conducted this way. If anybody has suggestions to the following instructions, please post a reply to this message with your specific suggestions.

1. Everyone would obviously be logged on to a computer somewhere. In some cases this would be at Draft HQ (wherever that may be) or at their home or office.

2. The picks would begin in order, if the person is at Draft HQ, then the pick would be made and the designated computer person could then transmit the info by message board or IM to the remote people. If the next person to draft is remote, then they are notified they are picking by IM, and they make their pick.

3. As the draft commences, every other pick or so, Draft HQ posts a message with the updated total draft.
This way, we can see in real time the draft, pretty much as it occurs.

This is the way it could work. Again, if you have suggestions, please feel free to post away.

Thanks to the Commish for his time and effort and for asking the tough questions that need to be asked.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.