No. of Recommendations: 0
Our two checks were deposited today.

Vermonter
Print the post Back To Top
Have you filed your 2020 tax returns?
No. of Recommendations: 1
No, we have not filed our 2020 tax return. The CPA is working on it.

I went online to the website where you can check on your stimulus check and it said it would be direct deposited into one of our bank accounts 2 days from now. You had to login somewhere else to see the amount, so I still don't know the amount.

It is puzzling that we got a letter about them mailing us debit cards... we have never received debit cards for the previous stimulus checks. I guess government incompetency or something....

Footsox
I expect it is an understaffed IRS rather than incompetence.
A weird thing happened with our 3rd stimulus pmt.

The first was a check as we had not given our bank info to the IRS, partly because we don't do refunds but also because I don't like the IRS having access to our bank account. The second stimulus came to us as a debit card.

But for 2020, our tax withholdings to the IRS was so large we elected not to carry it forward to next year as part of our estimated payments and so provided our banking info, to which that refund has already arrived. We assumed the stimulus payment would be deposited the same way

But here's what's weird. We also have a credit union account to which we have not given the IRS any information on it, but the 3rd stimulus found its way into the credit union account. How did that happen?

BruceM
How did that happen?

Magic?
For Stimulus payments, the IRS has opened the window of where they look in order to get more payments to people in a timely fashion. Any payments to or from other agencies of the Fed are looked at.
Things like Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Treasury, Assistance can all be used. I did not see any note of using banks to track you down, so there should be some link from your credit union account to the Fed somewhere. That is what I have read, but do not have first hand knowledge of what they can or cannot do.
so there should be some link from your credit union account to the Fed somewhere

So right you are. We get my DW's federal retirement payment to that credit union account.

Tsk, Tsk. Never thought of that.

Thanks

BruceM
How often do they send out batches? Still waiting here.

Vermonter
Just heard on the news that there was an IRS/SS mixup and those who get their SS checks deposited will get their stimulus checks next Wednesday, regardless of whether or not they filed taxes this year.

Vermonter
Thanks for the info. I am trying to track my brother's stimulus check and it appears to be missing. Maybe next Wednesday it will show up. I appreciate you posted that.

-Footsox
Our two checks were deposited today.

Vermonter