Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 5
Dan,

Thanks very much. I'm truly touched by your thoughtfulness.

Max
Dan,
Thanks very much. I'm truly touched by your thoughtfulness.
Max

Hey, we're family, right?! ;)

Dan
Great post, Max. (I actually stalk both you and UR on the Political Asylum board sometimes.)

(I'm soooo all about stalking today!)

Amy

No. of Recommendations: 3
Amy,

Thanks very much. It's a real compliment to be linked with UR. (And I hope that CLP etc. are eating their hearts out that they're not being stalked.)

And thanks to an assist from Dan (and others on this board?) I had my first post with more than 50 recs. Thanks to all.

Max

P.S. Amy, What happened on the eBay board???
P.S. Amy, What happened on the eBay board???

JJ was talking about my escapades with his German Shepherd. I'll spare you the details.

A
Sorry to hear that. And sorry I asked.

Max
Sorry to hear that. And sorry I asked.

LOL! No, it's ok. I'm sooooooo way past any of his juvenile bull$#!% bothering me much. But I do think it would be cool if CLP read this so he would never again tell me that JJ's really a nice guy and I maybe shouldn't be so hard on him. ; )

Amy
"But I do think it would be cool if CLP read this so he would never again tell me that JJ's really a nice guy and I maybe shouldn't be so hard on him."

Amy,

JJ's really a nice guy and I don't think you should be so hard on him. ;-)

Actually, I never used the word "nice" and JJ in the same sentence (I guess that's a lie because I just did). When we were personally e-mailing one another he'd lose the whole JJ personnae and actually become a human being. When I told him I had a wad of money in CRA (I bought it the same day as the Fools at 40 1/8) he wished me good luck. And as it went straight up to 276 he e-mailed to "congratulate" me and talk about how he missed the boat. And when it went straight back down into the 60's he e-mailed his "condolensces", telling me to "hang in there". Also, and noteworthy, was his mentioning of you and others in his e-mails. Never a bad word was said. He'd say things like "I'll be back on the board tomorrow to tear you and Truthsayer and Oblood and Amy a new one. You guys better have something good!" So, in essense it was all some big, funny game to him, and he was never truly serious in playing it. It was almost like a "Professional Wrestling" theatre, and the eBay board was his stage.

Now, am I condoning his behavior and the things he says? No way. Does he go overboard? Definitely. Does this make him a bad person? Well, I can only say that after having gotten to know him on a more personal level that we're dealing with someone who has trouble expressing himself publicly. I ain't no shrink, but maybe he was chastised or ignored as a child, making him feel he has to do something "grandeur" to get noticed. Who knows? And what better way to get noticed than to go right after the most popular and feisty person around? A person who he *knows* will put up the good fight....and get him noticed.

Is this a "Tribute to JJ"? Uhuh. It's merely an attempt to show that there is a good side to all of us, even the JJ's of the world. You can fight them, you can ignore them, you can hate them, or you can *try* to find their good side, and that's what I did.....and I found it.

That's all, and sorry if I rambled a bit.

Patrick

"Is this a 'Tribute to JJ' "

Patrick,

Your post inspired me (it's pouring rain) to go back to the eBay board and look for some of the threads that made me laugh.

FWIW, the threads starting with Post Nos. 6955, 6700, 7360, 7445, 7579, 7630 and 7695, all of which star JJ, 2121, Truthsayer and/or CLP, made me laugh again.

Whatever their faults, and we all have them, JJ, Truthsayer and 2121, like CLP, could be extremely funny. I wish they'd get on the bus (and of course behave themselves most, but not all, of the time.)

The old eBay board (gone, but not forgotten) was to me the most 'fun' board I've ever seen. If anyone bothers to look at these threads, I hope they enjoy them.

Max
...there is a good side to all of us, even the JJ's of the world.

No, I see what you're saying, Patrick, but mass murderers can seem like nice guys in the right context, too. ; )

Really, though, here's the thing: he could mess with me and be funny (case in point: all of you guys) without insulting me in such a way that there's no way I can laugh it off. Even if I *wanted* to laugh some of these things off, I'd look ridiculous to the rest of the world if I did. I know it's a game to him, and I know he has deep-seated psychological issues, but I have to draw the fricking line somewhere. I think he's a feltcher for not playing halfway nice where everyone can maintain a speck or two of human dignity.

Amy

Sorry Aims, perhaps I didn't get a chance to read a lot of his stuff before it got pulled. I won't open the sore that is JJ again.

Sincerely,

Pat
I won't open the sore that is JJ again.

It's not a sore. Eww, bad imagery:

I just got a flashback to my pre-med days when I volunteered at a clinic for the homeless... A guy came in with a HUGE boil under his arm, and this surgeon decided that it wouldn't do much good to deaden it, because it would hurt as much to stick a needle where it needed to go as it would to just slice it. Ok, so he sliced it, and TONS of icky pus came out, and then he had to pack gauze soaked in betadine into the hole where all the pus had been. *I* got to have my hand squeezed off while this was happening to the poor, shaking, screaming, turning-purple guy. Anyway, where did all this come from... Oh! JJ! ; )

No, it's not a sore spot. I get in a combative sort of mood when he comes around, which is always fun.

Amy