Skip to main content
Update
The boards are getting a new home!

We're pleased to announce an update is coming to the community boards.

Saturday, September 24th: We are migrating the boards to a new platform. The site is currently in read-only mode and we will bring it back online as soon as the migration is complete.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Out here in rural land, the radical right has taken to extremes the “mask will kill me cause”. Was a couple big lake parties re-spreading Covid around the county. I don’t think we will ever reopen our county as long as these folks refuse to participate in safe practices. Most who die are my age group. Have quit ordering food and some homewares from amazon. It is tail end of canning season and quart jars nowhere to be found. I found 4 quart jars for 31.00 on Amazon, and other ridiculous prices. I drove further out in the countryside to find some.
Like Teddy, I am mostly quarantined. Been to Costco three times since March.
My 20 year old home had been keeping me busy with new deck, new appliances. I am best friends now with handyman and contractors.
Once again I pinch myself to have my family safe and healthy, no one had lost jobs yet. I went to a counselor a couple times for depression, anxiety. I took in my “on the spectrum “ 67 year old brother a couple years ago. I needed some perspective on living with that. It really helps to admit that you need help sometimes.
I have come to the realization that I cannot downsize. Many seniors on my street have come to same conclusion. They are spending this time rearranging their homes to adjust to aging in place.
There are absolutely no houses for sale in my whole 600plus HOA. The oldest senior on my street ,in her built in the seventies home, never upgraded home will probably get 500,000 for that house. Typical three bedroom ranch, small garage. I guess I am showing my age when I think that is a crazy amount of money. My first real home was 35,000 for the same three bedroom ranch.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.