No. of Recommendations: 0
Out of their minds more like, what did they expect to happen.
Are these the same people that didn't know Iraq was 60% Shiite when they supported that fiasco..

The US, Britain and France are scrambling to retain their influence with Syrian opposition groups amid fears that most support from the Gulf states has been diverted towards extremist Islamic groups.

Rising concern that an increasingly sectarian civil war could spread across the region, combined with reports of brutality by some opposition groups, and evidence that the best-organised and best-funded rebel groups are disproportionately Salafist (militant Sunni fundamentalists), has triggered an urgent policy change in western capitals.

Washington, London and Paris now agree that efforts to encourage a unified opposition around the exile-led Syrian National Council (SNC) have failed, and are now seeking to cultivate more direct links with internal Syrian groups.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/aug/13/syria-opposition...

The propaganda:

Syria's former prime minister, Riyad Hijab, has claimed Bashar al-Asssad's regime is on the point of collapse, having lost control of two-thirds of the country, as he called on other top officials to follow his example and defect.

In his first public appearance since he fled Damascus with his family a week ago, Hijab told a press conference in the Jordanian capital, Amman, the Syrian army needed to "take the side of the people".

"I assure you, from my experience and former position, that the regime is collapsing, spiritually and financially, as it escalates militarily," Hijab said. "It no longer controls more than 30% of Syrian territory."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/aug/14/syria-regime-bri...

70% of Syria is desert, we know the regime is still in control of the important bits so what does the opposition have.

Saudi Arabia and Qatar, paragons of democracy.

If we in the West instigated this revolt, we should hang our heads in shame.

Consider, Aleppo was at peace until the rebel rabble arrived!

Silly Billy, our Foreign Secretary announced we(nothing to do with me guv!) were giving £5ml to the opposition.

I wish he had expanded on this and had given us details of which part of the rebel rabble was to receive our largess.

Regards

Tony
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.