Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I am currently an indoor exerciser, and have pretty much always been an indoor exerciser. However, since I am training to walk a half marathon I need to start getting outside soon becuase a) my half marathon is not taking place indoors and b) the treadmill and track are pretty boring when you are doing 8-9 mile long walks.

My issue is that since I haven't been an outdoor exerciser, I am not sure what the appropriate amount of clothing to wear in certain circumstances is. For example, tomorrow it's supposed to be about 45 degrees out during the time I want to walk. I know how to dress appropriately when I am going to be outside in that temperature and *not* active, but I'm not sure what is best when I'm going to huff and puff and walk a lot.

Any guidance you can provide is appreciated. I think we are still going to do the gym tomorrow, but I want to start walking outside the following weekend.

d
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.