Skip to main content
Update
The boards are getting a new home!

We're pleased to announce an update is coming to the community boards.

Sunday, September 25th: We are migrating the boards to a new platform. The site is currently in read-only mode and we will bring it back online as soon as the migration is complete.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Avg Trade Size      # of Trades 
 132                 100,099   

3:41:46 PM EST - Wednesday, December 29, 1999 - data is real-time. 

I have never seen this before in my 25 years in the market!!!!!!!!
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Mycroft,

Very interesting post.

How does the volume and trade size compare to other days or other stocks?

Is the average trade size of 132 unusual? Does it suggest lots of day traders?

Also, where is this info available?

Griffin2

Long on Q, but waiting for a correction.
I doubt that their are many daytraders in QCOM at these levels. A trade of 132 shares has a dollar value of $80,000 - 88,000. That seems a little much for daytraders. I suspect that a lot of retail clients are buying shares of QCOM in lots of 25, 10, and 5. While institutions will be in the 100's to 1000's share lots.

My 2 cents.

Justin
Mycroft,

Actually, as of 5:50 pm EST there was 61565 trades. Total volume as of this time was 14,730,300. Doing some very simple calculations you will come up with approximately 240 shares per trade. 240 shares per trade puts the dollar amount per trade at approximately $150,000. I do not find this very dramatic, do you? To me an average dollar amount of $150,000 per trade is actually on the high side. So, what were you trying to get at?

Justin
I'm sorry ZEE but at 4:00 PM there were way over 100,000 trades. I am not saying the volume was extraordinary I am say the number of trades were. I have never seen such a huge number in my life before.

MYCROFT