Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

Okay, so I had no idea that there were AGI income limits attached to Roth contributions - my own fault.

2001 I have to pro-rate my contribution,
2002 I took a lot of time off so my income was waaay down - so that year is okay.
2003 & 2004 I shouldn't have contributed anything. I think for 2004 I might okay on penalties b/c I have filed an extension, though already submitted my taxes (according to my discount brokerage house no penalties should result b/c of extension - but who knows)

My accountant is going to need to file amended returns, but I'm wondering if anyone has any advice here - is there anything I can do to reduce the pain here? xfer to traditional ira or anything like that?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.