No. of Recommendations: 0
Our hotel tells us it costs $31/night to park there (!!!), or $20/night in a nearby garage ($$). Any tips to share? I'd skip the rental car entirely and plan to use taxis if we didn't have so much driving to do while in the area. --AF
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Our hotel tells us it costs $31/night to park there (!!!), or $20/night in a nearby garage ($$). Any tips to share? I'd skip the rental car entirely and plan to use taxis if we didn't have so much driving to do while in the area

I don't have any cheaper ideas, but your prices sound about right for the downtown Seattle area.

How much time are you planning on driving outside of the downtown area? The reason I ask is that it might be a better idea to stay at a hotel away from downtown instead, visiting the city for the day(s) you plan on touring there. I don't know if this is an option in your case.

Hotel's been booked for months and we need to stay downtown. We need to be downtown for events, but then plan to do some driving outside the city. --AF
No. of Recommendations: 1
We need to be downtown for events, but then plan to do some driving outside the city

I figured that was probably the case.

One idea I you might think about is renting a car from downtown. Many major rental car chains have offices in various downtown hotels. If you can find one in or nearby the place you are staying, you could rent a car as needed.

On the days you need to get away from downtown, rent a car for the day and then turn it in when you are done. That will avoid paying some of the parking charges.

Just in case you want to rethink, we recently stayed at the Watertown Hotel in the University district. Free parking and free shuttle to downtown - a 20 min. ride.

Good luck!