No. of Recommendations: 4
As the Trump administration demands funding for a border wall to stop illegal immigration, a new study finds that for the seventh consecutive year, visa overstays far exceeded unauthorized border crossings.

The report released Wednesday by the Center for Migration Studies of New York finds that from 2016-2017, visa overstayers accounted for 62 percent of the newly undocumented, while 38 percent had crossed a border illegally.

For Seventh Consecutive Year Visa Overstays Exceeded Illegal Border Crossings : NPR

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/16/686056668/for-seventh-consecu...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Question. I understand that you could know how many folks overstay their visas but how do you know how many folks slip in over the border?
You might think you have a good idea but do you really?

Wait, sorry. I read it on the internet so it must be true.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Question. I understand that you could know how many folks overstay their visas but how do you know how many folks slip in over the border?
You might think you have a good idea but do you really?

Illegal border crossing counts are based on data assimilated by DHS, U.S. Customs, and Border Protection. On the other hand, if you don't believe the people that handle illegal border entry, how do you think you know how many illegal immigrants slip in over the Canadian border?
How do you know whether or not all the Mexicans and Central Americans that have come in illegally have not come across the Canadian border?
WE must fix that also then, comprehensive.
The Canada–United States border is the longest international border in the world between just two countries. Estimated cost of border wall, $780Bil
https://dynamicmedia.zuza.com/zz/m/original_/b/d/bd73f029-25...
No. of Recommendations: 1
"WE must fix that also then, comprehensive."

Apparently their 'fix' for that is abolishing ICE - the agency that polices overstayed visas.