Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Another poster I really like to read and glean thoughts from.
I read your response to my posts with Bruce Brown and I'm a little confused about your answear. I always try to keep my commission costs down and while I don't succeed to 1% its usually there abouts. I recently got into RMBS at 135 and was able to afford 10 shares so at Scottrade my $7.00 cost was 1/2%. But when I got my 2 shares of BCRD at 264 I went over that amount. I'm in a situation now that I don't know when I'll get funds to invest and if I see a company I think will give me good returns after the required DD I try to get what I can. Unfortunatly since I don't plan to trade my stocks I can't depend on them to run up in price and give me trading cash, I just expect them to give me independance down the road. So a few shares here and there and when I get lucky and something like QCOM goes down for no apparent reason I was able to get more and bring my overall cost basis down. It may seem funny but I always figure my commissions (not only to buy but also for when I will sell) into my original cost basis therefore if my portfolio shows it is up 15% I know that if I liquidated it I would realize a true 15% gain on invested money. Really just being lazy and not doing more figuring. Anyway I've only had to sell once so far (knock on wood) and I feel that things are going well so far and would like to thank all the posters that have donated time, research and ideas to these boards that I was so fortunate to be able to use. Thanks
Dan
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.