Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Padavona,

In reference to:

Is that indefinability not indicative of a Rule Maker? Yahoo is branching out fast. In 5 years will you know them as the #1 search engine? The #1 internet
portal?
The most popular online mall? Perhaps all of those things and more!

I was just thinking about that today. My opinion is that Yahoo! is becoming the 'mobile personal information storage unit.' Big mouthful, but consider for a moment.

If I want email, news, auctions, shopping, PIM software, and more on the way, I can get it from Yahoo!. I get it on my computer, I get from other computers, I get it on my PDA, I get it on my cell phone, I get it on my internet connected television, I get it on my pager. Who coordinates all this content? Who delivers it to me in the format I please whenever I please? It's Yahoo!

In five years, the web portal is just one way to get at the information that runs, and defines, my life. Yahoo! can be reached anywhere. It is always at my fingertips. And I have grown so dependent on it being there, that I wouldn't know what to do if it wasn't. I can no longer imagine living without it.

Stretching a little further, I bet that I would pay for this. I'd certainly pay if there was a universal interface to, say, the Vantive application my company makes me use so they can track my sales efforts.

Just my thoughts,
MrJones
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.