Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
PLTR is rumored to be Skynet (yes, that fabled foe from Terminator.)

Here's the chart.
https://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/advchart/frames/frames.asp...

PLTR has a lot of baggage, in that it's been around for 17 years, went public last year through a SPAC, is not yet profitable, much of its client base consists of government agencies (spying on citizens), and offering investigative services to corporations for potential employees, partners, etc.

Did I mention "spying on citizens" and "baggage"?
PLTR wants to be the go to company for investigating people, for aggregating all the info available about an individual.

As such, they plan to expand into offering services direct to individuals to be a one-stop-shop for Financials and FICO, health (the data from wearables, mentioned by NozRydr), FICO, ... all the data collected about an individual, all handled and made available in easy to access format, through the services offered by PLTR.

Some people are saying PLTR will eventually be a trillion dollar company, while others scoff at that as preposterous.

PLTR admits they still have some hurdles.

🤔
ralph currently has no position in PLTR.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Gathering data is not a bad thing but data can be misused like anything else.

PLTR ... is not yet profitable...

Some people are saying PLTR will eventually be a trillion dollar company, while others scoff at that as preposterous.

I listened to a webcast by one of the "trillion dollar" believers. About profitability he said that Palantir was profitable on a non-GAAP basis, taking out SBC. I happen to agree that expensing SBC is an accounting travesty that the likes of Warren Buffett managed to foist on GAAP. SBC is a means of having shareholders pay the staff by way of share dilution. By also expensing SBC, GAAP is accounting for it a second time.

PLTR ... client base consists of government agencies ... and offering investigative services to corporations...

The same webcast mentioned that Foundry for corporations is new and growing much faster than the older Gotham used by government. How is Foundry different from Alteryx analytics?

PLTR admits they still have some hurdles.

Who doesn't? Tesla has lithium and nickel shortages, China woes...

Denny Schlesinger
Long PLTR as part of the ARK portfolio but not in love with PLTR
LOLOLOLOL
We watched the same youtuber! Tom Nash?
I do like his thought processes.

PLTR ER was yesterday?
https://boards.fool.com/palantir-q1-2021-results-34830352.as...

Nash proposes that PLTR will produce a scalable SaaS style offering sold to individual in which, for a monthly fee, all one's data will be at one's fingertips via the PLTR app.

At least that's what I think Nash proposes.

I've been expecting and watching for an app to do that.

I don't like the Orwellian 1984 / Skynet aspects... but, the tech is gonna happen, whether I like it or not.

My target buy in price is about $15.

🤔
ralph
No. of Recommendations: 1
If you like PLTR and believe in the thesis, why have a target of $15?
Presumably if you buy you are in it for some long runway in which case whether you buy at $15 or $20 is going to have very little impact if it goes to the levels you're hoping?

Not in love with PLTR, but it has a place in my portfolio, too. I'm long with a 5 year horizon on this one, mostly accumulated in the $18-20 range.

Good luck!
Why don't I add PLTR at today's price ($20)?

I don't think PLTR has yet "crossed the chasm", and therefore is still risky, and has not entered the hockeystick growth phase.

In the "you can't own em all" arena... I have a too full portfolio, and don't much want to add another stock.
BUT, should PLTR drop to $15 or lower, I'd be willing to buy a full position.

PLTR has an attractive "story". I like the promise. But, at this point, AFAIK, it's still really early.

🙂
ralph