Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I am relatively new at the Gorilla Game, having just about finished the book. Some of my holdings are G and Ks or have the potential of getting there, according to rules of the book and this board and the one at SI. These include GMST, QCOM, NTAP, BRCM, JDSU, RBAK. Last night Palm reported an 82% jump in y/y profit. Palm has shipped 7.1 million devices and has licences for its operating system with Handspring and Sony. The questions then are is Palm in a Gorilla Game (I would say yes), is the industry going through a tornado, and finally does Palm have a good chance of becomming a gorilla. The latter has to be considered in light of Palm having 70% of the handheld platform through its astute use of licensing its operating system to hold off competition from Microsoft with less than 10% of the platform. One question is the ability of Palm to compete against the likes of Nokia when it introduces smarter phones that do what Palm does and more. Does anyone know what platform Nokia is using? Any insight on the comming competition should be interesting to many on this board.

Thanks
1Mike
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.