No. of Recommendations: 6
Barclay Bank 0% 15,775
US Bank 0% 12,650
2nd Mortgage 9.025% $22,750

Ahhh sorry for the delay, life has been that busy. Poor baby pug had severe eczema which resulted in a skin infection from all her scratching... then she developed thrush due to the antibiotic and now...has a slight fever (hopefully due to her 4 month shots yesterday). Thus, have been dealing with many MD visits, trips to the pharmacy, and an uncomfortable baby (she has been a trooper through it all, moreso than her parents). I just want her to be happy and healthy... we had to switch her to an expensive hypoallergenic formula which seems to be helping, fingers crossed.

I also started to give Momma Pug informal child support but I am going through custody proceedings which will formalize that soon. I have started dating again and courting can be expensive as well.

On the bright side, I am chugging away at my E-Fund goal and it stands at $2,644. Plus, my bonus will be on my March 26th paycheck. The amount is still unknown but I suspect it will range between 5 to 10k. The majority of this will be placed in my E-fund.

Met half of my immediate goals for 2010. I was able to pay off property taxes without tapping into my personal escrow account to start building my E-Fund. However, I was not able to complete my tax prep quite yet but about 90% there.

Proudest cost savings moves:
- Got my high speed internet bill cut down to save $100 over 6 months time.
- Coworker was paying $225 a month for cable and internet! 1 call from me saved him $600 over 6 months.

My immediate goal for March:
- Finish my taxes
- Nurse Baby Pug back to 100% health.

Intermediate goal remains to establish an E-fund for 3 months.

Hope everyone else is doing well... I've noticed that it's pretty dead around here without me stirring the pot :)

PappaPug
Print the post  

Announcements

UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.