Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 37
If I upset anyone...or disillusioned anyone...or offended anyone...or angered anyone..?????..too bad...cause I know my history only too well....and I will match my historical knowledge against anyone living or dead...I come from the people of the Diaspora....the people of the Spanish Inquisition....of the Tsar's pograms...of the Cossack burnings and rapes...of Masada.of the WW2 Hungarian Iron Crossers..and the people of Auschwitz..my genes are alive with memories of betrayals....of a world that had no pity..I have seen men at their best..and at their worst......I have not led a sheltered life....my opinions are the cumulative conglomeration of all that came before me...and all that came with me.....I am out of patience....and like the Hebs said after Hitler..."never again"....and after the twin towers..which still makes me cry...I say "never again"....and to those that say our mistakes brought that horror on us?....I say..BLAH BLAH////we were wrong in Vietnam...but what were we to do?...stand up and let them shoot us and martyr ourelves to being wrong?...the heck with how we got here...we are here now..deal with it..and get us some leaders that have some real 'sachel'..maybe we can do better next time?...tr
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
The world is a nasty place where a good and comfortable life is a struggle. 2/3 of the worlds population live on less than $5 per day. Struggles between good and evil are long and this battle is over but the Bush 'axis of evil' war is underway.

J

No. of Recommendations: 2
You can say BLAH BLAH to "those who say our own mistakes brought that horror on us" and continue to chase the evil doers but I am afraid the results will be the same. More carage and death.

"We were wrong in Vietnam...but what were we to do?" Get out. I figured this out in 1967.

Robert
No. of Recommendations: 0
sure....but we did not...and some of us got drafted in 69...we got the government we deserved...cause we let it get to power..and we did nothing to stop it...all my efforts were a futile joke.........yes...blah blah.....we get what we let happen...tr
No. of Recommendations: 5
Struggles between good and evil are long and this battle is over but the Bush 'axis of evil' war is underway.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn:

"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being."

Dalai Lama:

"It is common knowledge that no great captain in the world has ever destroyed all of his enemies and lived with a sense of satisfaction. If one enemy is killed, two more will appear."
No. of Recommendations: 8
sur it does Carp....but life is simple also..."judge them by their works"...a young minister in Gallilee said that....we are all capable of the worst...and sometimes we do bad things....but the degree is the thing....the degree of bad...the obvious and paramount degrees of evil can be smelt, seen, and tasted.....so I guess we should leave all genocidal maniacs, mad bombers, nuclear meatheads, racist infections, and the Idi Amins. Adolfs' and the like to the higher authority of the moralist hi-grounders?....a man cheats u out of your money...a group swindles you, a man kills another for revenge, robs a bank,,,et al...all bad things.....but a man sets himself up as the second coming of SKELL from hell?.....imagine ourselves in a prison...falsely convicted....and our choice is to fight for our humanity...or get bent over and abused....does a mn find a weapon and prepare to kill?...or does he genuflect on wonderful passages of wonderful things?...I guess my life experiences taught me that when we stop standing up.,.and when we stop fighting back...we are dead...or undead?......I am not one to step over a fallen man on his back getting his teeth kicked out...some can..I cannot....is it my business?....depends on what u believe..."He that helps the lowest of mine...helps me".....sure He said turn the other cheek...but I cannot do that..cause I am not Him....I am what I am...we all are what we are...and I speak as a man who is disgusted with all politics in this country..TO ME THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL BETWEN THE SO CALLED OPPOSING PARTIES..I just know what there is , and what there should be..each to his own.......tr
Vietnam? You know we all learnt as little kids in the late 60s that we were free people so we could say our govt was wrong to be in Vietnam. We blamed ourselves.

I think 20 years from now when history is written the blame will fall elsewhere. I think it will fall on the Soviets. We had a lot to fear from the Soviets. Perhaps the average guy on the street had more to fear from going to Vietnam. But the whole country had much more to fear from troubles with the Soviets.

Well whats that all about? Nuclear war, communism, tyranny, torture and a lot of other twisted human crap. So we had a choice, split up the map and play for keeps. Take the US's side or the Soviets side.

In the coldest lousiest truth of the matter was our boys died needlessly on a chess board. I am not sure there is another truth to this whole war.

We got caught by a Soviet strategy that worked against us all too well.

We got our turn to do it to them in Afganistan. This turned them to our form of govt to try and over come how poor their communist system had become.

So will the US forever be to blame or will the Soviets be to blame in the history books? I think one day the Soviets will be to blame again. For the last several decades since Nixon lost office, we have said our govt was stupid and full of criminals. This is true. We fought this war as a stupid power play and our boys on the front knew it. But the Soviets were the one's supporting in all fashions a communist regime that should never been on the face of the planet.

You will find little room from me in support of what the Soviets were, but I can see where our strategy costed us all too much. The Soviets made us pay the price.

db
No. of Recommendations: 5
Oh boy....the hated rat gets a pretty blue crown?...imagine that?..I could care less...but at least I am not alone....one one side...the folks that understand that to sit idly by and allow horrors to take place...and debate the isues?.....and on the other side...those willing to see what there is to see....of which at least 1/2 is true..and willing to act

I know theat the war in Iraq is not being fought to free the people!...Jesus save me!.....so what?...was the Civil War fought to free the slaves?.....were they freed becaus of it?...did the end justify the means?...was the genocide of the European Jews ended when nazi Germany was beated?...was that war fought to end the gas chambers?...heck no.....if a good end comes out of a corrupt and false means...so be it...historical sequences come and go...their ramifications and precedents last for a very long time.....the world is too small..the dangers are real..from without and within.....wake up...........tr
No. of Recommendations: 3
so I guess we should leave all genocidal maniacs, mad bombers, nuclear meatheads, racist infections, and the Idi Amins. Adolfs' and the like to the higher authority of the moralist hi-grounders?

For decades, the Chinese government has taken a back seat to no one when it comes to committing atrocities/genocide. To name just what I am most familiar with, over a million Tibetans have been killed and many more imprisoned and tortured, through war, ideological crackdowns, and government policies which have led to mass poverty, starvation and a deliberate attempt over a couple of generations now to destroy an entire ethnic culture through systematic brainwashing and destruction of historic artifacts and buildings.

Yet, the leader of these people, the Dalai Lama, has never advocated a violent reprisal against the Chinese, or even a severing of diplomatic relations. Instead, he has advocated constructive political engagement with them. This has been occuring, in part through US efforts, and while there's still certainly a long way to go, I believe deeply-rooted fundamental change is in fact taking place in Chinese government and culture that is leading toward more benign and humane policies and practices. Violence simply begets more violence, without addressing the root causes.
No. of Recommendations: 2
"Yet, the leader of these people, the Dalai Lama, has never advocated a violent reprisal against the Chinese, or even a severing of diplomatic relations. Instead, he has advocated constructive political engagement with them."

he sure has...a truly wonderful man...Godly even....there are many men and women like this.....but...always that old sticky but?...the poor people...the less Godly...the common peasant...the ones who cannot read...and have no time to muse over Godly thoughts..and the world as it outta be....how they doing?..........so I guess we back to square one....u are over there...and I am over here....we can wave..cya......tr

the meek ride on the backs of the strong...so make sure we have good/strong leaders in control....not bad/strong leaders.....the devil was given dominion over the flesh, the air, and the earth....as long as that pussbag remains in his power incarnation....the war goes on....God will forgive me, that's his job..........tr
?...was that war fought to end the gas chambers?...heck no.....if a good end comes out of a corrupt and false means...so be it..

tr
My thoughts too !!!
regards
Harmy
so I guess we back to square one....u are over there...and I am over here....we can wave

Yeah. Always appreciate your views, though. No one calls 'em like they see 'em better. I am listening and pondering.
nice grub
nice grub

BrianSTL
Yes !! - unintentional too. Sort makes up for the faux pax when I tried to claim the grub for 38xxxx something.
Regards
Harmy