Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

i am debating whether to incorporate an investment (stocks only) partnership as a LP or GP. the partnership would be for investment purposes.

the problem i have is at least one of the partners would be in Massachusetts, whereas i am in California. i don't want to have them have to fill out California tax forms if i can help it! the partnership does not manage any property owned in California, and does not do business in California.

is this like C-Corp incorporation, where i can choose any state to incorporate in? can i incorporate in Mass to avoid Calif tax returns to non-Calif tax partners?

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.