No. of Recommendations: 16
Just because you disagree with some politics, they wish to withold aid from Americans who are in crisis. When they aren't in their cubicles writing on PA expressing jealousy over people who are more successful than them, they want to kick Americans while they are down. These Leftists don't like it when I cheer their demise....but I do so on matters of economics, education, etc. NOT DEAD AMERICANS. Liberal Jihadists are different:

http://boards.fool.com/this-is-easy-to-explain-after-listeni......

"After listening to their Governor, the owners of West Fertilizer thought obeying Federal law was optional. In fact being avid reader's of the PA righties, the owneres of West Fertilizer believed ALL FEDERAL LAWs are unconstitutional on their face."

"Live Free or Die boys and don't mess with Texas. Don't send them a penny in federal Aid, either." GOOFNOF.

AMERICANS DIED. Not the irresponsible owner of the business. But innocent AMERICANS who were just doing their job. So what does the Prince of Medicority and Envy do? Takes a break from envying people, to mock a few state slogans, and to demand no federal aid go to these people.

Now there's a bitter clinger.

JediG
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
"Live Free or Die boys and don't mess with Texas. Don't send them a penny in federal Aid, either." GOOFNOF.

Of course, were I a true believer in Obama, and he was telling me of how evil his opponents are, wanting to pollute my water and destroy the environment take away my rights and ensure terrorists are well armed as well as constantly agreeing and then pulling away the football at the last minute, I might feel differently

Just for a second I almost typed 'think differently', but thought has nothing to do with nonsense.
Advocatus' first post was a shot at Republicans and de-regulation as well. No thought of the victims either; he just fronted his prejudices instead.

You can't reason with this level of bigotry.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Just because you disagree with some politics, they wish to withold aid from Americans who are in crisis.

"Withhold?" Who wants to withhold aid to West, Texas?

And the link is dead.

Are you talking about federal aid to West, Texas? Obama has promised to send FEMA money. I have no opinion on this either way, but it seems to me that as terrible as the West explosion was that it's very limited in scope. What's the argument for federal disaster aid? I mean aside from it'd look bad politically if Obama didn't send it.

Most of the commentary on this I've seen has been about how Sen. Cruz and Rep. Forbes rushed to the White House to authorize relief funds... after having voted against FEMA relief to the victims of Hurricane Sandy.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Credit Nasrallah's editing staff.

Here's the link to the envious cubicle Liberal saying that no aid should be sent for Texans who just went thru a tragedy...

http://boards.fool.com/this-is-easy-to-explain-after-listeni...

JediG
Most of the commentary on this I've seen has been about how Sen. Cruz and Rep. Forbes rushed to the White House to authorize relief funds... after having voted against FEMA relief to the victims of Hurricane Sandy.

as terrible a tragedy as the explosion in West, TX, it probably does not rise to the threshold of a national disaster, i doubt i would agree with FEMA designation....

as to CRUZ, Forbes, voting against SANDY, that was just mean....the storm was so large, it caused millions of dollars of damage in such far-flung locations as New Mexico, Nevada, Alaska, Mississipi, West Virginia....over $213 million according to this link:

http://www.businessinsider.com/congress-sandy-relief-act-mon...

reportedly Cruz voted against it 3 times, all the while knowing it would pass...but, was it worth making the point? I think so.

have we all made a Donation to help out the folks in West?
https://www.redcross.org/donate/index.jsp?donateStep=2&i...
http://www.thepacker.com/fruit-vegetable-news/fresh-produce-...
Wow, Sandy was terrible. It would take more than Obama's tax on the rich to pay for it.

Now we have Boston. Caused by those that you probably support. WILL WE PAY FOR WHATEVER THERE TOO?

Remember who are the Congressional representatives there. What might they be saying?

Back to Sandy. How much of the $60 BILLION went to aid for the hurricane? Do you even know?
No. of Recommendations: 3

There are 2 Americas, the democrats have divided us.
The funny part is, the successes of Blue Nation America (and there IS much success in Blue America) is mostly thanks to the very capitalism and 'greed' the Left purports to hate. Caliphornia's great tech giants and innovators don't innovate just to pass time, they do so for PROFIT. New York Chitty has this little thing called Wall Street, Big Banks, Advertising industry, etc.

And of course, such treasure is protecting by superior and very lethal nuclear defenses and deterrents....the kind that the Left wanted to "freeze" and unilaterally disavow.

JediG
No. of Recommendations: 15
...after having voted against FEMA relief to the victims of Hurricane Sandy....

Did you forget to mention the part about the Sandy relief bill being loaded up with pork by Democrats using the emotions about Sandy to fund everything but? Republicans wanted Sandy relief ASAP but as usual the Democrats resorted to the tried and true "never let a disaster go to waste" screwing the people they claim to represent.
the PA righties, the owneres of West Fertilizer believed ALL FEDERAL LAWs are unconstitutional on their face."

I used to think this was hyperbole, but it appears some on the left really think this is the mainstream Conservative stance. We apparently hate every last federal law.

Of course that's asinine, you can be against the EPA's stances without being against all federal laws. In fact you can be against what the EPA does without being against ANY federal laws as the EPA can't write federal laws (though they pretend they can all of the time!)

They really don't have the first clue as to what we actually believe in general. I say in general because we all have differences of opinion on specific things of course, some Conservatives are more supportive of anti-drug laws than other Conservatives for example. But NO federal laws? Sure, there are people who feel that way... but they aren't Conservatives (at least any Conservatives I'm aware of!)
They really don't have the first clue as to what we actually believe in general. I say in general

Have you ever tried to get beneath the first level with them?

Once you question what the core of their thoughts center around far more often than not, they do not have the first clue as to what they actually believe.

I know that sounds like hyperbole, but how else to explain Obama on so many fronts trashing his agenda and being Bush, with blind worship still in force?
No. of Recommendations: 6
Have you ever tried to get beneath the first level with them?

I'm a big fan of Thomas Sowell's "Basic Economics, Beyond Stage One" because it makes you think. Getting most of the liberals on these boards to think beyond stage one is like pulling teeth.

Typical PA Lib: "Minimum wage good! Poor, unskilled people should earn a living wage! You must be bad for opposing it!" (30 recs)

Enlightened Conservative: "Well, if you raise the cost of labor you're going to price a lot of people right out of the the labor market, often the very people you're saying you want to help as we've seen time after time when the minimum wage has been raised." (4 recs)

Typical PA Lib" "YOU HATE POOR PEOPLE! THE FREE MARKET WOULD ONLY PAY PENNIES PER HOUR FOR EVERYONE! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!" (120 recs)

ad infinitum

It becomes difficult to make rational arguments when the person on the other side is apparently incapable of rational thought.
Once you question what the core of their thoughts center around far more often than not, they do not have the first clue as to what they actually believe.

Nothing demonstrated this more clearly than OWS. When asked what they are protesting, other than I want all my debts forgiven and all future sh!t free, they had no clue.
No. of Recommendations: 5
Nothing demonstrated this more clearly than OWS. When asked what they are protesting, other than I want all my debts forgiven and all future sh!t free, they had no clue.

As bad as that was, what to me was an even more clear demonstration was in the aftermath of OWS

After completely adoring OWS and after vilifying the Tea Party as if they were child molesters -- they started with the chant of not understanding why Tea Party folks did not stand with OWS since they were both the same, in an attempt to cast OWS in a better light.

They really are rather despicable critters. Though granted this last belief that the bomber could not be Muslim because it had to be a conservative is taking it to a whole new and unforgivable level
No. of Recommendations: 7
Back to Sandy. How much of the $60 BILLION went to aid for the hurricane? Do you even know?

sarcasm doesn't work well it seems, if your post was responding to mine, anyway....i identified about 220 million in the link that most definitely was not "hurricane"relief - (unless Harry Reid's home state is closer to NYC than i was taught in school???)

i can't help thinking if the professional politicians would quit porking every little thing they do, we might not have to force such idiocies as "sequestration" to teach them to be responsible with our dollars.

if Biden stayed in the Ambassador's spare room instead of spending $565,000 for one NIGHT at a posh Paris hotel, if Obama and his wife didn't treat AirForce 1/2 as his & hers private limos to travel separately to the same place on the same day, and if Congress Critters didn't treat "fact finding junkets" as free travel vacations for their families, how much money might still be in the Treasury for the things we NEED. (national defense, justice system, etc.)

this board has identified many examples of Federal Hubris,corruption, and greed on the part of our politicians.
it had to be a conservative is taking it to a whole new and unforgivable level

At least they didn't name Palin as being responsible the way they did in AZ.
At least they didn't name Palin as being responsible the way they did in AZ.

I'm sure they tried in vain to find a picture of her with a pressure cooker. In fact I'm rather shocked nobody has Photoshopped one!

I did a Google Image Search for "Palin Cooker" and didn't find any such photoshops. I did find the image of a tweet that said "I can't help but think Sarah Palin had something to do with the Boston Bombings" but I have no idea if they were being sarcastic or not.

I'd watch out if I were Martha Stewart though... they have to have pictures of her with a pressure cooker!