Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi all,

So Intellectual property is my concern theses days. I have a idea, been brewing for a long time now. I started to do a bit of research on Patents. Pros and Cons.
I was convinced that maybe it would be a step I should take. Then, I had a conversation with my cousin. Basically this is what I got out of it,

"...... OUR experience with patents are they are worthless unless you can afford to defend them in court. So what you spend a few thousand on could end up costing you hundereds of thousands to keep." (Furniture Manufacturer)

At the very least the concept would fall under a design patent. I would need to seek professional advice on the possibility of a utility patent.

thanks
c
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.