Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
So, another Pathfinder CRPG and it looks like I'm playing the same adventure. No, not the actual story. The story looks completely different. It IS a whole new story and with that come some new classes, what I mean is...

I have no idea what I'm doing with respect to building a character. Not a thing. Obviously, there are people that are optimizing everything and taking a level of this class, 3 levels of that class and so on. But it's the FEATS that comepletely screw me up. Every 2 levels or so you have to pick a feat. So each character will END UP with 10. Some have level pre-requisites. Others have previous feats required. And yet others only do anything if two people in your party have the feat and are side-by-side. WTF?!

So confusing. Then I got a curveball thrown at me. Do I want an animal companion (another Feat)? I dunno. What does it do for me? "We're not going to tell you." Okay, what the heck, I'll give it a try. "Okay, what TYPE of horse do you want (note, we're only talking horses here, there are other animal companions too)?" I dunno. What's the difference? "Well, we will throw out some stats for you to look at but they won't make any sense. Go ahead, pick!"

Anyway, frustrating. When I played the last game I got about 75% of the way in before I felt comfortable with some of my choices and confident in my picks. Egads! I don't mind reading about things in a game, but needing a 200 page manual just on feats is a little much (<--- completely fabricated, no such manual exists).

Anyway, I'll soldier on and not worry about screwing up. It worked for me last time.

Oh, the game is good, in case anyone was interested.

Simon
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.