Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Patience, Patience, Patience..... I own both TYC and TCM. I'd have to agree that TYC is the better investment from a stability point of view. TYC is a big company and it's very solidly run. I think that almost every investor has a good reason to own TYC. I have a pretty good chunk.

Now, TCM will definitely be more volatile, but it has the potential to post better gains.... (Remember, I said potential). I wanted in during the IPO, but after watching several IPOs jump on the first few days or weeks and then retreat to lower levels, I waited. Then all the telecoms took the big digger last fall. I've been doubling down as the share price has been falling. I missed my opportunity to buy in below 10, but I'm not going to miss it the next time (if it happens). I'm very patient and I've been very well rewarded several times over for that patience. As most of us know telecom will inevitably come back.... everyone uses a cell phone, we all surf the web, we all want (some lucky ones have) broadband connections. Telecom is going through a consolidation.... yep, some telecoms are being left in the dust..... but the remaining companies will emerge with a greater market share. With the dedication TYC and Dennis Koz has for the optic network and cable laying business TCM will be well funded, and will succeed. But we have to patient, and let this telecom fallout run it's course. I'm surely patient enough to sit on my TCM for a while and I'm doubling down when it get's below 10. In addition, I'd pick up TYC if you can get it below $50, which looks like a pretty good deal nowadays. TYC had treaded water very well indeed during this market slide and I think that if the market can make a little forward progress TYC will move upward nicely.

PK
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.