Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Paul and Mark -

Thank you for the information. I requested annual reports last week and look forward to reading them. I see in TRLG's latest 10-K that they have 11 stores, which is why I thought it might be a retailer.

My initial instinct tells me this company does not have a durable competitive advantage. There are four broad types of competitive advantages, according to Morningstar: 1) low-cost operator, 2) high switching costs, 3) intangibles, and 4) network effect.

Just for fun, if we run TRLG's growth assumptions through the PIV-ER calculator (see previous posts), then IV is $34, PIV is 56%, and ER is 78%. The key assumption here is 24% annual growth for the next five years, which is our high estimate in this 3-scenario model.

Another model that I use shows a 32% CAGR return every year for the next decade, based on last year's results.

I take these numbers with a grain of salt because, as mentioned above, I do not know if TRLG has a competitive advantage. Nevertheless, since TRLG's chart looks impressive, I bought a starter position. If I own a basket of companies that have the same growth characteristics as TRLG and the valuations aren't obscene, some of these companies blossom into 10-baggers.

Hewitt
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.