Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Paul Blart Mall Cop, the point is that in a country such as yours which is absolutely awash with guns - hundreds of millions of them - that there will be quite a few people who are sacrificed at the altar of the holy phallic symbol so that guys like you can feel more sexually attractive and significant because you're PACKIN' HEAT.

I'm not a guy. (you know that) and I don't "pack". I have shown a few bad boys my target after I practiced shooting a handgun. That would be because my husband insisted I get a handgun and learn to shoot it, let some unsavory types know I could shoot it, when I was often alone out in the boondocks.

In other countries where it's much less mathematically probable that some hothead has lethal force in his hands it won't happen as much.

Why is it much less mathematically possible? Are you making the argument in all countries where there are more people who are not allowed to own guns, that there are statistically less murders than the United States. You're a smart boy, you know that isn't the case.

Take here in Australia. If you're a psychotic wanting to get your hands on a semi-auto, you'll have to try to buy it from a bikie. That's not going to go down well. In your gun-obsessed country, you must might just get it from your mother's personal arsenal.

Maybe your ATF, CIA, and FBI aren't selling to them in the first place?:) Quite frankly, I am beginning to believe this ongoing argument gets stirred up by the very ones, who pretend they want gun reform, but in reality need people to set up to do their smuggling for them, and when things get transparently out of hand, have somebody to throw under a bus. They are getting pretty desperate when they have to resort to already troubled youths with IQ s close to zero.

Now, you can successfully make the argument that even if there is an increased chance of being the victim of gun crime or accident it is still actually statistically low even in America - getting in a car is more likely to kill you. True. But can you just admit that - all so you can feel like a real TOUGH GUY (and that the corporations that make money from your insecurity) that thousands of people will die in your country that wouldn't have otherwise?

Of those thousands of people who are dying from guns, 2/3 are from suicide. Most of the rest have to do with criminals who obtained their guns, most often, unconventionally. Is it your belief that in those countries that prohibit guns, but still have lots and lots of guns are only being supplied by the United States?

And I hope you know better than to start spewing fundamentally destroyed "research" that justifies your redirected sexual fetish.

How about pictures?

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://images.sodahead.c...
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.