Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Paul, its only an opinion, but I tend to think some of the purchases made may have been experiments, or a view that the Company wants to dabble in certain areas, if for no other reason than to say that they have "kept up with the Joneses". One disconcerting area is the construction of new merchant generating plants...it was announced a while ago that the Global division would build new gas fired generating plants in Arizona, Connecticut and Pennsylvania, but there doesnt seem to have been much movement since all the announcements. I dont know where these projects stand right now.

The stock price has stayed up, and may move more once all the bonds are issued for the stranded costs. I dont fully understand that either, but the buzz is that its a good thing financially for the shareholders and the customers.

Bleon
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.