Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Has anyone established a PayPal account and used an online bank checking account to verify the PayPal account?

I thought I remembered reading a post by someone who couldn't use an online bank account with PayPal

ShelbyBoy
Print the post Back To Top
I have, its easy & painless. A very good service expect their fees for sellers are a bit high for my tastes.

ebay is buying them so their credibility should be enhanced.
I couldn't use my NetBank account. I don't know about other online banks.
ShelbyBoy,

I can say that I have used my online banking account exclusively with PayPal, and have had no problems to date.

SouthJerseyJim
"Remember our brothers and sisters in NY/NJ - 9/11"
Jim,

If you don't mind, which bank do you use?

ShelbyBoy
I sent an email to PayPal and they responded with a message that some online banks are accepted and some are not - without providing specifics.

I responded and asked if they accept AscenciaBank but I haven't received a reply yet.

ShelbyBoy
I couldn't use my NetBank account.

How long ago was that?

ShelbyBoy
I transfer $$ from paypal to Ascencia and I think I have from too
Shelby,

I use First Internet Bank of Indiana for such services -- in a world of mergers, and changes atthe drop of a hat, FIBI has always stood tall!

(Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I missed the thread!).

SJJ
I personally was unable to use my Netbank account within the last two weeks on a previously verified Paypal account.

Apparently Paypal doesn't like doing ACH transfers with SOME banks but is fine with others? Really wacky if you ask me...

Ed
i think its the banks. ing took paypal sometimes and didnt on others.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Apparently Paypal doesn't like doing ACH transfers with SOME banks but is fine with others? Really wacky if you ask me...

Whenever there's some "wacky" policy by a bank or online money agent, there's a good chance it was caused by them losing big bucks to fraud or online system crackers.

Whenever there's some "wacky" policy by a bank or online money agent, there's a good chance it was caused by them losing big bucks to fraud or online system crackers.

True... but considering that Netbank has some of the pickiest account opening policies I've encountered I'm surprised that they are the one picked out for this...
It was in the last year.

Apparently at one point you could use it, but you no longer can add it.

If you were in before they determined it to be a fraud risk you are OK.