Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Very good British mystery writer, the "whodunit" part of the books are not that great, but she writes well and develops her characters. Unfortunately I have finished reading all her books.

Starting on Elizabeth George, at first glance seems to be a very good mystery writer.

Anybody have any favorites among contemporary mystery writers? I have read all of Hiassan and Randy Wayne White and Elmore Leonard and the guy from Louisiana, starting to run out of books.

On the fantasy side, still reading Philip Pullman's trilogy which starts with "The Golden Compass," I like it very much.
Print the post Back To Top
RE: "any favorites among contemporary mystery writers"

I'm not a real big mystery reader, but I've enjoyed a few of the "prey series" books by John Sanford. I've also noticed that they are pretty well reviewed. They are not quite "run-of-the-mill" mysteries, and if you do like his writing, there are lots of books to choose from.
<ki>Anybody have any favorites among contemporary mystery writers?

I like Stephen Saylor's Roma Sub Rosa series. I also love the gritty, hardboiled detective genre like Walter Mosely and Elmore Leonard's books.

Has Walter Mosely written anything new lately?

Uhura :o)
"Anybody have any favorites among contemporary mystery writers?"

Well, my dad loves John Maxim, although I don't know if he's good because I don't read mystery. (What's the point of reading something you have to wait ages to reread?)