Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

This stock has been a real dog for investors over the years. However the chart is suggesting that PDP has made a solid bottom at recent lows as well as a strong break of a very long downtrend line thus the long term picture is looking up for PDP IMO.

You can see clear resistance at first $1.20 & much more at & around $1.50, that tends to suggest shorter term a correction(either sideways or downwards) before PDP is ready to challenge those potential sellers.

I'm holding off buying at this time but I can smell potential so I'm watching closley.long term investors may not have such concerns in respect to entry price & I also feel this is a worth consideration from a FA intrinsic value point of view.

So folks tell me if you think I'm wrong.

JR
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
JR..

I dont know what to think about PDP. I know the chart looks interesting and they might be recovering for all I know. The Shareholders assoc. for one is very unhappy with some aspects of the way the management run things..Quote fron the last asa newsletter..

"We asked the Auditors about the soundness of the financial reports ---
bearing in mind that their annual assurances to shareholders over the years were followed by massive writedowns , writeoffs or losses--
they responded that the accounts were the directors responsibility, and thet (the auditors ) faithfully followed prescribed auditing standards"
and
There is also a lot more they are not happy with, inc an $100.000
performance bonus paid for God's sake..

I keep thinking of that old saying, beware of yesterday's market darlings..
This company has eroded a lot of shareholder wealth over the last 10 years, but maybe it's about to turn aound and the chart is reflecting that, perhaps?

well my 2 cents worth.....

I dont know what to think about PDP

Many agree with you.

This company has eroded a lot of shareholder wealth over the last 10 years,
A real disgrace & of cause the big losers are the shareholders

but maybe it's about to turn aound and the chart is reflecting that, perhaps?
It looks probable.

directors responsibility, and thet (the auditors ) faithfully followed prescribed auditing standards"

Ya right..."auditors prescribed standards"...Such standards are overwritten by the interest of the company they work for. Those interest prescribe not upsetting major clients so they(the auditors) can continue to live at the standard they have become accustomed to.

JR

No. of Recommendations: 2
I made my first ever share purchase back in about 1980 when I used to spend far too much time reading Rydge's share newsletter and not enough time studying my text books at Uni.

The company was Olympic tyres and within 3 months it was taken over by Dunlop Pacific and thus I made my first easy money (equivalent to nearly a month's pay) on the sharemarket and was hooked and at the same time became a shareholder in what was to become Pacific Dunlop.

My father was equally impressed and started to buy Pacific Dunlop shares as well and we continued to add to our position. The company became a market darling and by the late 80's this company represented a sizeable part of our wealth.

Luckily me for me I bought another house and needed the money and sold my shares. My father has held on through thick and thin and I can't tell you how much wealth has been straight out destroyed or lost in opportunity cost. It's a sad story.

I share this with you, not as a judgement on the current price, but to illustrate the emotional baggage that can attach to companies and their share price.

Beware fallen angels who promise they have changed their behaviour.

Your right Wayjo.
I just feel you gotta take action when your investment starts going the wrong way.
Without trying to offend I see it as-Two tales- one bloke comes out in front the other comes out behind. I feel that all assets trend up in price & down in price. I never rec stocks to my folks cause I know that they have a buy put away & forget attitude. They just seem to accept that they are gonna get burnt sometimes, gives 'em something to bitch about I think.
PDP is looking good for a nice long term rally the major downtrend has been broken.
From my point of view thats all I know at this stage, in days/weeks to come that view may change or it might be reinforced.

Justa a looking down the scope aint pulling the trigger.

JR

No. of Recommendations: 1
I share this with you, not as a judgement on the current price, but to illustrate the emotional baggage that can attach to companies and their share price.

Wayjo
It's a hard rule to follow but never marry your stocks. Been guilty of it myself and it's been a costly excercise. My father held on to some Malaysian rubber shares for more than thirty years. When he died they weren't worth cashing up.
Regards
Harmy

Mentioned this one in late Jan, has since broken out of it's trading range & is eating res at & around $1.20. Some more res at $1.40.
I'd expect PDP to hang around these levels or run a bit higher in the shorter term. So the plan at this time is to buy the correction after the completion of this latest bullish move.

JR