Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I working out a new model to help me pick winners. It will be a Post/earnings ratio wherein i correlate the number and frequency of posts to a share growth curve. The number of AOL posts that probably should be on another board are throwing my model out of whack.
Print the post Back To Top
KC,

I'm glad you didn't include the FAQ posts and off topic posts! Like some share prices, you might have a little helium in your P/E (Post/Earnings) ratios.

A few weeks ago, @Home was the mammoth in the brave new world of Cable ISPs/Content providers. Now it has moved itself into a face off with AOL....Broadband moving toward Content VERSUS Content(?) moving toward Broadband....setting up a "Clash of the Titans" for the next few years. Because the market itself is expanding so quickly, it's not going to be a win/lose situation. Both will win, one will just win bigger. While I am long ATHM and not AOL, I think they are both very solid for the next 3-5 years. Sorry if my post was ½ about AOL, it's going to be talked about here, like it or not.....

nole1
I am long in both ATHM and AOL. Both doing well and welcoming split at AOL.

I am continuing work on my model. I am also long on EchoStar (DISH), a satellite company. This stock has been a double since July and doing well without much notice. Good per share dividends as well.
The board only has 37 posts. Check it out and see my Post #37, good reasons to buy DISH. Spread the word so that this board gets a lot of posts to test my model; better yet, buy a couple of hundred shares.

There, I got another board mentioned on a popular one!