Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
JEDIKNIGHT,
Becky, I have never wished to be black. That answers your question. I do not wish to be white either. My folks are immigrants from another country, but I am happy being AMERICAN. I do not beleive in hyphenated Americanism. "African American" "irish AMerican", needs to be replaced by "American". A group of folks from diverse places, enjoying a common culture. (See..melting pot)
----
My husband agrees with you 100%. I just feel that if a person feels better about him/her self with a hyphen, I'm not going to argue with them.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Becky, personally, I enjoy your posts. You wont beleive what im about to tell you: 99% of time, I side with Conservatives. However, i think you and I might agree on some key issues:
*WTO, NAFTA, GATT, IMF. I 100% am proud to stand with the likes of Perot, Nader, and others on these issues. Another one, is Corporate sponsorship of the Presidential debates. That is sick to me.
I feel these global deals have sold out our industrial base to other Countries. On WTO for China, I think that will complete our failure on the world scene, and ensure the balance of power in the World changing against us, if it hasnt already.
The naive part of me wishes, that folks like us, and Americans in general, could debate these issues without slanderring each other. I wish we could find common ground on things, and see where we are apart.
----
Well!
That is good news. There is a sweet person in there after all!
Look, if you are 'conservative' most of the time, we will disagree.
That's OK. Just don't talk about Liberals like we are poison--it was a long time coming for me. I can't be 'Black and White' on many issues,
I've seen too much grey.
But, I'm a watcher of politics for my new grandson--he deserves more than we have for him now. I'm looking ahead now and I don't like what I see. I'm frightened for him.

Also, FYI, I watch C-span most all day--usually the House. I hear all the hearings, not just the "clips", and I also know who is a knuckle-head and who is just earning his campaign money (BOTH SIDES).
Some even appear to care--but I'm sceptical.

Also glad to know you like the two men I did vote for!

Beckyz
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.