Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
(In response to Pencils recent post on the Peet's Board.) Thanks for the post. My response is below.

Just recently my wife and myself were in a Marriot Hotel (very high class place, we were just using the pay phone. lol) by the Berkeley Ca pier. You may know the place. Anyhow, they used to serve Peet's in their "gift shop". To our dismay they are now serving Starbucks, exclusively of all things! geeeeeez yikes!!! (-; Peet's has very high standards as far as having their associates brew fresh, frequently.(I think it is every half hour. I know it is at their stores)

One of the keys to Peet's succes IMO is that they do not compromise on freshness....(one of the many things that distinguishes them from the competition). I hope they are able to market their fresh coffee effectively on the "drink" level (in the abbove mentioned scenerio), in addition to their 100 plus stores & growing), along with their grocery store and other outlets for their beans. I remember on a 1/4ly report they said they lost this (so and so) account because the ( I believe this was a Hotel chain in SF) was not able to keep up with the high standards of Peets. This chain no longer serves Peet's.

It seems to me this could potentially hurt Peet's (to what degree I don't know) as it is possible many people/outlets will be unwilling to keep up with the constant brewing.

Any thoughts?

Long on Peets

--Jethro
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.